How to build "New Paris 5"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to build "New Paris 5"

Well, yesterday I thought I'd try for the most excessive ICS strat possible, and then share this with the 'poly people. The aim was to get more that 10 times around the city list. That's 200 cities or so. Here's a save from 610AD, with everything going rather well.

The difficulty is Chieftain. All rules are default. This was just an experiment. The first hut I popped, just south of Paris, had a settler in it. Paris built a settler, and then the Pyramids (essential) The second city built a granary, hurried by chopping trees. All cities now build settlers for 4000 years. Enjoy.
    Attached Files
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Here is the second save from 760AD. See how much the empire has grown in 150 years. I have at least 10 settlers active every turn. This is insane. Look at the Pink Plague grow !

-Jam
    Attached Files
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

And here is the latest installment, in 1000AD. I think this game is in the bag now, I mean I have about 20 times more cities than the other civs together

Can anyone beat this by 1000AD ?

ICS rules !

-Jam

Comment

Doh, forgot to post the last save.

Well, here it is now. This is a really powerful way of playing, and even people with no skill at all can beat Chieftain this way. The trick is in the spacing. Look and learn.

-Jam
        Attached Files

Comment

Try it on Deity. By running your test on Chieftain, you've mostly showed that anything works on the lowest difficulty (well, almost...pure Anarchy is tough!). To prove that ICS rules, you would have to demonstrate that it beats the game at some reasonable level of difficulty. I have no doubts about what you'll find, but it's more fun to do it for oneself.

Dominae
          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Guess what I'm doing tonight. Playing this strat through to 1AD on different levels. I will, of course, stay with the standard rules.

Wish me luck.

-Jam

Comment

Yuck. Do you enjoy playing that way?

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Is there a way to lose on chieftain?
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

-Arrian
                  I would be so fed up with the micromanagement, and all the ugliness, that I would have to take a break from civ for a while. I can't play my current Emperor game for more than 45 minutes at a time, or else I get a big headache. I am amazed at how much effort goes in to some of these games.

Anyway, good luck!

Comment

Can you pls post an Image for the game? Some of us is at work rite now, and dont currently have Civ installed

thx

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
                      The amazon.com reviews were made by people who couldn't win on Chieftain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawa Jocky
                        The amazon.com reviews were made by people who couldn't win on Chieftain.
                        Hi everybody...

I wonder if they played the game at all.

BigD
                        Holy Cow!!! BigDork's Back!

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                          Not really Arrian, its more in the way of an experiment. Basically I just press "B" and tell the new city to build settlers. And repeat. Its pretty dull.

I'm try now with this strat on Regent, so its not such a walk over. The Indians are occupying some land I want, and the power of this strat comes into play when I change all the settler production into millitary units. Its a gas, let me tell you. I'll post some saves later of the second game, on Regent, with the Americans (just to help Arrian enjoy it more )

Its taking a hammer to crack an egg, even on Regent. 100 crap cities can produce an awful lot of horsemen or swordsmen.

-Jam

Comment

How do you keep the barbs from ransacking if all you do is build workers and settlers????

At some point in the build you must build some units????

What size map is this and what kind???

Need more data!! need input!!!

Comment

Perhaps play on a tiny map, start within 10 tiles from an AI and build neither military units nor settlers?

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
                              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                              Templar Science Minister
                              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                              X