Question about Rep Hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Rep Hit

If you treat everybody badly in you own continent, eg: Razing, Peace Treaty breaking, Declaring War inside their territory, before you make any contacts with other civs in other continents, does your "bad" reputation carry over?

In my current game I managed to kill every single civs in my continent before civs in another continent contacted me. When I started the Diplomacy screen, all the other Civs were either Cautious or Polite with me. When I make deals with them, there was no mention about my previous lies and cheats. I was able to do MPP and Alliance Treaty easily.

Thus, leading me to believe that If you want to treat your neighbours in your continent badly, do so before Navigation.

Exactly. Make sure you eliminate all evidence of any wrong-doings prior to contact with other continents, and you are free and clear.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Oh Arrian. Where are you??

Comment

Re: Question about Rep Hit

Originally posted by minke19104

Thus, leading me to believe that If you want to treat your neighbours in your continent badly, do so before Navigation.
        According to what I've heard, this is true.

(Now I have only 185 spams left to write before I get my custom avatar.)
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

This has been dubbed by some the "Arrian Deception." Even though I'm pretty sure it was someone else that noticed it first. I just took it to an extreme (I always try to do it).

Wipe 'em out before they (not you) meet anyone else and you're in the clear. If you make contact (say by suicide galley run) while you are rampaging around your continent breaking treaties, no worries. It's only when the other continent's civs meet the civs that know about your transgressions that things get sticky.

-Arrian, the Deceiver.
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Seriously, this can be one of the most powerful things in the game. Breaking a ROP with the only other civ(s) on your continent and wiping them out, whether it is unfair or not, works amazingly well, with no consequences. Try it. You'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

It's only when the other continent's civs meet the civs that know about your transgressions that things get sticky.

-Arrian, the Deceiver.
              Does this also work in the beginning of the game when you trash one civ around, by sigining peace, get cities then immidiately attack again, and they have not yet met other civs?

How bout if you broke a treaty 1 turn before they got in contact with other civs? Would they know what had just happened? Or they only care about your actions from there on?

Comment

1) Well, if you wiped that civ before they got contact, good for you.

2) Yes they will know what happened as the word will pass that you're a bad guy...

--Kon--

EDIT: For clarity. Thanks Theseus foir pointing it out...
                Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Kon's last post wasn't so clear...

Yes, if you destroy a civ before they have any other contacts, your deeds pass into unspoken history, and your reputation is clean.
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                  X