No announcement yet.

Nope, my navy says no oil for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you enjoy reading it I have a new story for just about every game of CIV3 I play. I always try different things in my games, some work and some don't. I am sometimes sitting down eating or doing whatever and I will be thinking about a strategy in CIV3. I would be thinking... "I wonder if that would work, or I wonder what would happen if I tried that." Alot of times its things that I never hear anyone talk about which leads me wondering how it would work of if it would. There have been many times where alot of things in the game come up requiring alot of decisions then I will save it. Then I will think about it for a while and sometimes post here about the situation to see what others think about it. After I give it some thought and I am ready to go with it, I will load up the game and go for it. At last I bet many people who play CIV3 will have a story to tell during it and when it is over.
    -PrinceBimz-

Comment

I'm a BIG navy fan too. I like archapelago maps so blockading a region of an empire is an EXCELENT stratagy.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceBimz
        Well, this game had just come to an end. Everything bascially worked as planned. I managed to keep Babylong from oil. I had 5 carriers total but ended up at war with Rome so I had to send 2 carriers out to Rome's sea which gave me 3 left over to send to Babylon. I bombed everything in site with my carrier planes. I had about 6 destroyers remaining and they continued bombarding the Babylon coasts. The Babylon continent was reduced to plains and nearly everyone of there cities were all the way down to pop levels of 1-3! I had destroyed numerous city and land improvements. There was nearly nothing left to Babylon at all after 15-20 turns. Finally I marched the troops in around all of the rubble and debris and took over city after city. I continued to bomb their land units which attempted to attack my infantry. In the end I owned about 90% of their continent. So I ended up with a retired win, not the best kind of win but still a win I guess. Really it was my 5 carriers that won the game for me. They had dished out an incredible amount of damage in 15 turns of constant bombing. Now that this game is over, I will be starting a new one soon. Oh I need to add this was basic CIV3 so I never edited anything so the carriers had their usually 4 capacity and I was not using lethal bombardment. I can only imagine what would have happened if I would have edited it!
        hi ,

most people use a mod when it comes to carriers , hold 8 , defense 16 , make it cost a more , etc , ..... maybe intresting for your next game

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
        X