Palace Relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palace Relocation

Is it wise to relocate your palace when your territory gets to big?

I just moved mine with a Leader and it seems to be working... I might do it again... Is it worth it? Do you do it?
    Monkey!!!

Japher:

My advice is to read the thread on corruption in the archive. It has all the info you need for palace/FP placement.

I usually only move it once. I usually build the FP near my original capitol, then jump my palace with a leader later in the game to where I want it. You will get significant benefit from the FP even if it is right next to your capitol.
    Got my new computer!!!!

Comment

Another good thread is an older one called "FP+Palace Placement."

I often move my palace, using the method Brizey described.

Monkey!!!
      That sig cracks me up every time I see one of your posts.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It's rare for me to need to relocate my Palace.

Example of a situation in which P should be moved:

Say you starting in Kansas City and now have an Empire across the lower 48 states with no intentions of invaiding either Canada or Mexico. In that case, the FP should either be built in New York City or Los Angeles with the P being relocated to the other city.

Example of when it shouldn't be moved starting from the same position:

If your planning on conquering all of North America you would want to hold off on building the FP until capturing Mexico City and leave the Palace in place. (The benifit of relocating the Palace to Toronto probably isn't worth the cost unless there's an Iron Works city near there.)
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
          It's rare for me to need to relocate my Palace.

Example of a situation in which P should be moved:

Say you starting in Kansas City and now have an Empire across the lower 48 states with no intentions of invaiding either Canada or Mexico. In that case, the FP should either be built in New York City or Los Angeles with the P being relocated to the other city.

Example of when it shouldn't be moved starting from the same position:

If your planning on conquering all of North America you would want to hold off on building the FP until capturing Mexico City and leave the Palace in place. (The benifit of relocating the Palace to Toronto probably isn't worth the cost unless there's an Iron Works city near there.)
          Er...yeah...but who'd want to conquer Canada, anyway?

*duck*

Comment

Originally posted by Bluefrog

Er...yeah...but who'd want to conquer Canada, anyway?

*duck*
            Yeah but Canada has lots of wonderful stuff like good beer and....ummm...Celine Dion...no not that, ummm...what else does Canada have besides good beer?

BigD
            Holy Cow!!! BigDork's Back!

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?

Comment

Alanis Morisette
              www.civforum.de

Comment

Originally posted by Mazarin
                Alanis Morisette
                Yeah, she was okay. But I haven't heard anything about her in a couple of years.

I also forgot about snow. Canada has a lot of snow.

BigD

Comment

Snow. You crack me up.

You are forgetting Canadian bacon... oh, I mean ham.

You also forgot lakes. They got lots o' lakes.
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                    You also forgot lakes. They got lots o' lakes.
                    Which is why I consider Canada to be America's largest national park, hehe.

Seriously, though, sorry about the threadjack, hehe. It was my first!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluefrog
                      Seriously, though, sorry about the threadjack, hehe. It was my first!
                      Yeah, I too am sorry.

Actually I want to thank Canada for their lower drinking age. We used to go across the border all the time for a wild weekend. Thanks Canada

Big D

Comment

No problemo, eh

Comment

If my capital is about in the middle, and my land is of longish shape (that happens often), I usually don't waste a leader on FP or P relocation. I build at the same time (preferably starting in my GA, if it's in time) both palace and FP for good in 2 cities close to my capital, but in different halves. The FP is usually ready quicker and already provides a little boost, as it's not yet located optimal. That helps to complete the new palace. I had amazing good results with the Ottomans at Emperor with a GLibrary/HGardens triggered GA. Nobody could match me after this, and I built all except one (Sun Tzu's) medieval wonders.

Comment

I kinda dislike the idea of moving my proud, ancient capitol... I haven't done it in Civ3 I think... but maybe that change totally when I get my longwanted internet connection and can start looking at MP?

Comment

I recently moved up to Monarch (stayed on Regent a LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time while I was testing/perfecting my mod) and found Palace relocation to be critical to a successful game. With the AI out-producing me, I needed to get as much as possible out of all my cities. The original capital was on the coast on a spur of land - really poor placement. So I will definitely move it if need be.
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                              X