What determies Palace bonuses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What determies Palace bonuses?

I can't figure it out... it seems random. Sometimes, I'll be doing great and still have a rock hut in the Medieval Age, and sometimes I'll have a crappy start with 2 cities taken by Greeks and barbs all over and already be on my 2nd story with full landscaping in ancient... aagghh!!!

Is there some formula?

I really don't understand your question
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

What makes palace bonuses appear?

Comment

Don't know. I tend to ignore it for most of the game. It does seem that the first victory over barbarians will trigger an improvement. Others have speculated that perhaps a first wonder will do so, perhaps reaching number 1 ranking in certain demographics categories will do so, perhaps, perhaps . . . a bit of a mystery actually, though a mystery about pure eye candy .

Catt

Comment

I think there are a series of specific events that will trigure a Palace build.

And on occansion, I've triguered 2 of them the same turn and got to add 2 parts to the palace at once.

Population, Happiness, and Culture seem to be very important for building the Palace when your playing peacefully, but there's also successful military goals that trigure palace builds, so war monglers Palace improves faster in early game than peaceful civs, but the peaceful civs will catch up on their palace as the game progresses.
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

In AU203 I got to do 3 at a time. Just fun to know it's possible. I think I had been "saving them up", because it was the early Industrial age and I only had 1 prior.

Dominae
            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

it is random!
              “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

Uhhh... not to be insulting... who cares?

FIRAXIS: Please put this into the options... "Turn off Palace building."

Please??!!
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Its definately not random. Some time ago I played a few OCC games, and noticed that the first, second etc. palace improvements were triggered by the same thing in each game. I don't recall exactly what it was now but I think it was things like reaching a certain population, first victory against barbs etc.
                  If you cut off my head, what do I say?
                  Me and my body, or me and my head?

Comment

one time, I didn't even notice that I hadn't gottena single one until some time around Hooever dam and I got like 8 or 9 in one turn!! It just kept giving me more. I went from stone hut to taj mahal in 1 turn, I guess my people got really motivated all of a sudden!

lateralis
                    "As far as I'm concerned, humans have yet to come up with a belief worth believing." --George Carlin

Comment

In the last game I played I got it around 1950 AD (!)
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                      X