Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AI ships and planes everywhere! Bloody hell i'm losing again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI ships and planes everywhere! Bloody hell i'm losing again!

I don't know where to start about this mess...anyway I posted a map of my current game at this thread...

Now it is 1984 and all hell has broke lose. Problem is that hell is entirely brought upon me. It started with both america and china landing troops in my territory near a fairly large city of mine. I was very concerned about this landing but before I had a chance to do anything america declared war and attacked. Then when I attacked america in return, my worst nightmare came true...that is Babylon delcared war on me in response to a mutal protection pact with america! Big trouble for me, very big trouble. Then about 5 turns after china decides to declare war on me too. Then a few turns after this puny persia decides to get in on the action and declares war against me too. Now as you can see from my map, I am in the middle. I have 4 countries against me.

This is just the beginning, now my entire continent is surrounded by AI ships, I am talking in the 40-50 unit range here. Ships just everywhere on every few sections of my coastline there is a ship! Not any from persia but babylon, america, and china large powerful navies. Where are my ships? Well...had a whole 4 of them docked and they were ironclads where AI has destroyers. I have strong armies on land, but I am lacking in the naval department. Should have built up my navy because I am in deep trouble now.

Even worst, Babylon has a bloody carrier off coast so you may as well count that as 4 ships alone! Oh and trust me they are taking advantage of it, bombing the hell out of every last impovement. To make matters worst, a few turns later china sends bomber after bomber from the east. Destroying improvements at will. Where are my fighters? Hah...I have not been able to research them yet! Ugly huh? I'm not finished yet...these freaking ships are open firing and I mean just that! All of the AI ships have destroyed around 15-20 improvement tiles in maybe just 5 turns! They are all around my continent just killing me.

I don't know how I end up in situations like this. I mean this one is bad. I can't stop them for anything and they have no interest what so ever in talking to me. I guess they will beat the piss out of me some more and then maybe they will talk. One thing is I am pissed, if I get nuclear weapons in this game so help me and them. I will not hesitate to use them. At last if there is anything left to my country when or if this war ends, I am going to build up a massive navy like never before. That will put an end to all of this. A large powerful navy is a MUST on this map! Ask the AI but not me...LOL
    -PrinceBimz-

One thing that may help out a little in the future...if you notice in the Foreign Advisor (F4) screen that someone has a Mutual Protection Pact, do your best not to trigger it. They are triggered if you attack one of those civs within their own borders. If you were to attack one that was at war with you, by only attacking their units outside of their cultural borders, it won't trigger the MPP.

Comment

It would also help if you had allies of your own, instead of being the rabbit in your own little game of Dogpile-on-the-Rabbit.

And
      Then about 5 turns after china decides to declare war on me too. Then a few turns after this puny persia decides to get in on the action and declares war against me too.
      As soon as Babylon joined in, you should have started buying allies in the hopes of at least sharing the love.

What difficulty level is this that you can't catch up in tech? Or is it your terrain that's killing you?
      "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Neither Planes nor Ships can take cities.

Since you seem to have been behind in both military units & techs, my guess is you were using the luxary slider > 0% for most of the game to maintaign happiness instead of buying sufficent luxaries (usually MUCH cheaper than the slider).
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Well I tried to get some allies, china I was hoping but no luck. I am usually caught up and doing ok in tech but this game had its share of wars and it was doing more harm then good. Even the wars in the beginning that I won tok a while to straighten things up. This map and terrain has alot to do with my situation. I normally play large or huge maps, this one is standard and happens to be water heavy. Although ships and planes can't take cities, they are tearing me apart and making me lose this game. I am losing gold, food, mines, everything, impovements one after another. The chinese bombers are constantly bombing and I am losing city improvements as well. Also some of my cities are starting to starve from lack of food.

Not just ships and planes either...I need to add there are several and I mean several land forces on my land now as well. They are landing one after another of loaded transports. They all have land units on my land, all three countries, they have tanks, infantry, calvary everything. To make matters worst it is all around my continent. So they are landing and landing a large amount of ground troops.

I played a few more turns a few minutes ago and counted about 48 enemy ships around my continent including a carrier or two. I was only using 20% luxaries most of the time then 30% when it started getting tough. The problem is for some reason these countries are hard headed and don't want to trade techs enough. Usually they are a little easier to deal with. Also this game went all the way to 1978 I think without any contact with babylon, america or persia and even zulu. This made it hard to trade techs early on.

At last I managed to get a treaty with babylon and america, at a huge price of course. Now its just china and they are just beating the hell out of me. I need peace here so I can rebuild my country after this massive ugly war. I am even willing to give up a city to get china off my back. That is my next step, I will try to give them a city. Hopefully they will be willing to talk soon and allow me to do this. If not I am afraid I will lose very soon because I will not be able to stop them.

It is either monarcy or regent level, I have to check, I want to say regent. But I am starting to think I meant to pick regent but maybe it is monarcy.
          -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Even 10% luxaries during times of peace is almost always too high even on Emperor level, let alone 20% on Regent.

There's a few turns in the very beginning of the game prior to possesing any luxaries that 10% slider is useful so the first few warriors can all explore without the city needing an entertainer on Emperor level, but otherwise the luxary slider should be on 0% during times of peace.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I got the tech now...but now I can't get access to oil or rubber. They keep bombing my roads to rubber and oil with bombers and destroyers and battleships then they have tanks also infantry there too. You don't even want to know how ugly this game has become now...try losing my capitol just for a start. Then american and chinese landing tanks all along my shores. Now this is a fight for survival and I have to make do with riflemen and a few cannons and artillery. Needless to say it is not working It all pisses me off but it is kind of funny how my whole continent is bareland now where improvements used to be. I am thinking about just retiring and ending this disaster!
              -PrinceBimz-

Comment

sounds like a plan to me
                also sanboxing is sometimes enjoyable for a touch of revenge i.e. cheating and giving yourself a few modern armour and lots of navy

Comment

You know I never thought about that...yes maybe I should cheat and punish them all Slap down a bunch of nukes and fire off. I bet they will want to sign a peace treaty then...LOL
                  -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceBimz
                    You know I never thought about that...yes maybe I should cheat and punish them all Slap down a bunch of nukes and fire off. I bet they will want to sign a peace treaty then...LOL
                    No no no non no nononooooon....

Please carry on, I love these disaster stories.....

Is there any chance you might survive to exact revenge ????
                    tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

Well I saved it from last night after a few more turns and I did not cheat. But just within those few turns china landed more tanks and infantry. This time on the west coast of my continent. Man its alot two, I think it was 2 or maybe 3 modern transports loaded to full. Those units were just unloading on my beaches. Then I noticed 2 more carriers out there which gives them 3 now and this is just what I could see. They probably have even more further out. All of these disgusting planes are coming from somewhere. Babylon from the west, china from the east, and america all over the place. I think this maybe the worst I have ever been losing in any game of civilization ever. I lost my last game too but I think this one is even worst.
                      -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Cool !
                        tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

Well I tried to get some allies, china I was hoping but no luck.
                          I'm not sure how you tried to get allies, but I've noticed it is usually FAR easier to sign MPPs then it is Military Alliances. Military Alliances are easier to set up after an AI is already at war with that Civ.

Problem is that hell is entirely brought upon me. It started with both america and china landing troops in my territory near a fairly large city of mine.
                          As soon as this happened I would have made a MPP with someone (which you may have tried), preferably a healthy neighbor (if available) or 2. A neighbor's close distance allows quick attack on you if they are your enemy or quick backup defense if they are your ally. MPPs with neighbors also means a border you don't have to protect as well so you can fortify other cities better.

However, I didn't get a chance to look at your save game & sometimes there is just bad luck.

Comment

C'mon guy! Think positive and there's no way you can be defeated, it's just a computer and you're smarter than a computer! Turn both your happiness and science sliders down to 0% as research and happiness are useless if you lose the game- use all the gpt you have to get the damn peace treaty with either one of all three of them. As soon as you managed to rebuild some decent infrastructure then backstab ONE of them and ask the other two to join you- money is the key of course, accept even if they're asking SICK payments as, again, there's no need for money if you are going to lose the game
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Well this game is long over and I did lose, lost every last city. Anyway both lux and science were all the way to zero, but I was still not generating enough gold at all. You have to remember, I had to pay for all of the military I had to keep building. I mean I had enemy bombers everywhere and ships surrounding my entire continent. This meant that I was losing on an average of 10-15 improvements a turn from all of the bombardment! It was 3 nations against me, 2 of them were superpowers. Just a bad situation to be in and one of the worst I was ever in from playing CIV. Now my current game, I am doing much better
                              -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Working...
                              X