No announcement yet.

Scientific / Commercial Civs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Expansionist is tied to Industrious, the synergy is greatler than either one by itself. (Chop down forest in half the time while building an early Granery when there is plenty of room to expand is the prime example.)

Science & Religious have strong synergeres as well: Half price on all important culture buildings.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

But there's only one Sci/Rel civ, Babylon, and I don't like 'em for some reason. Still, it's undeniably great synergy.

Comment

Thought this was interesting, posted today over at CivFanatics GOTM Forum:

Originally posted by Mike B. FIRAXIS

Basically, it's a result of the algorithm used to randomly select an available tech. It's unintentionally heavily weighted towards the available tech that appears first in the list of techs (in the editor). It is supposed to select, at random, one tech from the new era that is available to the player (i.e., it has no prerequisites).

As an example, with unmodded rules you have the following available techs in the modern era with these approximate chances of being received:
        91% Rocketry
        1% Fission
        1% Computers
        7% Ecology

As you can see, Rocketry is heavily favored (simply because of it's placement within the list). This is unintentional and all 4 techs should have an equal chance of being selected. I will look into improving this for the next PTW patch.

Comment

Certainly hasn't gone unnoticed

This time by Catt.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
          X