The Good, the Bad, and the Ugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good, the Bad, and the Ugle

After my 3rd straight Emperor win (AU202) I decided to give Deity another chance.

All Hale the Great Green Machine

The Good,

Attached Files

Comment

The Bad,

Attached Files

Comment

and the Ugle!

Attached Files

Comment

Evil, evil Stack of Doom.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Does the game end at this point?? What happens??

Comment

Oh my.
              A lot of strategy on deity through the early game seems to boil down to, stay out of the AI's way. Keep a low profile, and wait a few centuries or so (for superior human micro-management to s - l - o - w - l - y accumulate.
              Not that I'm any kind of expert, though. I've faced similar SOD's myself. Good luck Jawa!

Jawa?
              Anybody seen Jawa?
              He was here just a minute ago. Over there, standing right near that light blue smear on the ground.
              aka, Unique Unit
              Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

And I thought emperor was hard.

Comment

I'm sorry I still don't have time to write this up yet. Here is a quick summary

I was forced to retire by the atzecs. I could not make them happy diplomatically, and I don't stand a chance military wise. I was able to manage the Iroqoius as a neighbor put the Green Machine just kept rollling on.

Comment

I decided if I really want to get my 1st Deity win I should try an easier civ. Here is my 2nd attempt for a Deity win.
                      Attached Files

Comment

A medium start. Flood plains can be a problem but also allow for fast growth. I decided to move to the plain across the river (couldn't remember if that helped disease or not).
                        Attached Files

Comment

The move was good after all since it brought Ivory into range. Unfortunately the Carthages brought warriors over and popped two goodie huts before I could build my 1st warrior. Both huts popped barbs and I was swarmed. I lost my worker and some tile improvements. 7 Carthagian warrior came over in the next 5 turns and the game was quickly lost.

Comment

2 losses is not a big deal, so I'll try for a 3rd time. Beside I need to get a good Deity game up and running. I'm trying to start a statregy thread to encourage others to critique my play style. But this damn thread is turning into a story thread (about me losing)

Comment

3rd try - Egypt again
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X