Odd WW thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd WW thing

Do you want a civ your fighting to get a lot of war pain fast? Heres how: GIVE cities for FREE and then delcare war on them. Get your cities back. The citys will slow down and they will switch to comm. fast. Also you might get more stuff for peace.
    “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Good one!

Ideally, you have some very corrupt cities without any improvements to give away.

Note that when you give cities away, the citizens' nationality changes, so you might have them flip back if your culture is low. (especially if they are corrupt, which usually means they are far from your capital). They also become very unhappy ("stop aggressing our mother country").

Comment

Sneaky.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

will the AI accept any cities as gifts?
        www.civforum.de

Comment

I have never seen an AI ever refuse a gift... Can it happen?

--Kon--
          Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

well...I thought the AI refuses gifts that it "would never accept" themselves...like gpt-deals that are bigger that the actual surplus. But I'm not sure about cities.
            www.civforum.de

Comment

The AI never says no to a gift. Maybe M-Players can not ether.
              “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

Hmmm... I wonder if they would accept a city that just pop rushed 100 units.

Comment

They will do that

Comment

Originally posted by Konquest02
                    I have never seen an AI ever refuse a gift... Can it happen?

--Kon--
                    Yea. Surrrre.

I have cut a deal with an AI civ, and then, to be nice and friendly, I offered it SIX FREE RESOURCES AS A BONUS.

The AI civ cancelled the entire deal and insulted me, that over some bogus claim about my reputation!!

How's that for a stupid AI? It happens like that regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle

Yea. Surrrre.

I have cut a deal with an AI civ, and then, to be nice and friendly, I offered it SIX FREE RESOURCES AS A BONUS.

The AI civ cancelled the entire deal and insulted me, that over some bogus claim about my reputation!!

How's that for a stupid AI? It happens like that regularly.
                      duh, thats a deal. Ai is programmed to not favor a permeanant goods for turn goods especially if ur reputation is bad.

We're talking gifts. giving ai something for COMPLETELY NOTHING. they always accept somethign for nothing. Its easy to make them refuse many things for small things.
                      :-p

Comment

Originally posted by DaveMcW
                        Hmmm... I wonder if they would accept a city that just pop rushed 100 units.
                        unhappiness will likely not tranfer to new regime. which would make sense.

When trading cities, i believe nationalities DO change. this could be still exploited if this is true! think, capture a city, give it to friend. No protesters.
                        :-p

Comment

When trading cities, i believe nationalities DO change. this could be still exploited if this is true! think, capture a city, give it to friend. No protesters.
                          I think I remember reading somewhere that if you lose the city that had the pop-rushing unhappiness, the unhappiness gets transferred to another one of your cities. I'm not sure, though.

Comment

-

Comment

The AI wont accept cities in a deal. To many exploits could come from that. Like the one you mentioned above.

Comment

Working...
                              X