Can you NOT upgrade units in armies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you NOT upgrade units in armies?

During a recent war I used a Great Leader to form an army. I assumed you could upgrade units in armies, so I decided to make an army of riflemen to later upgrade. As I gained the requisite technology all my riflemen were upgraded except the ones in my army. I was under the impression units in armies were upgradable but I was obvioulsy wrong. Anyone have anything to add?

Correct. Not upgradable. Too powerful with upgrades.
    When you have built the military academy, then you can build your own armies (in THAT city only).

An Army that has old units in it can still be quite useful, even if it's only for resistance suppression. When it becomes too old you can disband it in a city for 100 shields (you do NOT get anything for the units within the Army).

Comment

Unitws in armies have never been upgradeable. The only way to upgrade an army is when you get the pentagon(IIRC) and are able to add a fourth unit to the army.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Ummm...

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Has anyone succeeded in killing of the obsolete units in army, while preserving the newer ones? Is it even possible?
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

That is part of the point of an army. No unit dies til they all die.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I figured one, or two units might might die, then the survivor would kill the enemy...
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

yeah, it could happen i suppose... because once they are all reduced to 1hp they each take come out in one last stand altho i have never seen it happen, has anyone else?

Comment

I had army of 4 cavalry with 1 HP left (all together). None of units was lost.

Comment

This is the advantage of and army: even if individual units would have lost, an army may win.

If the individuals in an army could die, you would be able to "upgrade" the army, fighting a close fight then putting much better replacement units.

--Kon--
                    Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Working...
                    X