Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had success with Initate Propagana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had success with Initate Propagana?

I've never gotten it to work in Civ III, even with me being Democracy and the target still a Monarchy.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Haven't tried it in a long time, but it worked on several occasions for me in the past. Generally with a sizeable cultural lead and targeted at a city that someone might have planted a long way from their coreand closer to mine.

Catt

Comment

How about with somewhat inferior culture overall compared to theres (but on a per city basis, mine has more culture.)

Target A is very close to my capital, but fairly close to their capital.

Target B is a moderate distance from my capital, and somewhat further from their capital.

Neither attempt worked for me.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I can't give you precise odds, but total culture is important, as is governement type (generally, the "freer" govs are more resistant, with Democracy immune). Catching them in anarchy increases your chances. I can't remember it working easily on the first try -- my few successes came after multiple attempts.

Catt

Comment

The exact values are in the editor under culture.

Culture Ratio - Chance of Success
          3:1 - 30%
          2:1 - 25%
          1:1 - 20%
          3:4 - 10%
          1:2 - 5%
          1:3 - 3%

Comment

I appear to have much greater success at converting size 1 cities. Size 2 cities can be converted but it often takes several attempts. I have never been able to convert a city larger than size 2, but I don't usually waste tons of gold trying either.

I have never been successful with a second attempt on the same turn either, so I always try only once per city per turn. I don't know if that is in the code or just my bad luck.

Comment

Working...
            X