PTW Resource Importance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTW Resource Importance

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I was recently playing a game on regent on the naval hex map that comes with PTW (I love this map I recomend everyone try it). I got one of the start locations with horses instead of iron and was unable to start a war before fuedalism, I didn't expand fast enough . Then once I started a war to take a city with iron my enemy had medievil infantry. I find that the medievil infantry unit makes getting iron right from the beginning a lot more essential. What other resources do you think are more important to have, if any, in PTW? Any other thoughts on this?
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

In my most recent game, also at regent, I was able to wage a successful war against Persia (Immortals 4/2/1 same as Med. Inf.) with only Horsemen and Archers - if you are faced with this situation, you need to use terrain tactics so that you get to attack and don't have to defend against the Med.Inf. because, remember, it's only a 2 defense, equal to your horseman attack, and without the retreat option.

So, while not an "optimal" situation, it's definitely a winnable challenge and not a gamestopper.
    "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

I have had similar problems without Iron (playing as the Celts no less). The horsemen although not very strong are quite effective in groups on open terrian. I make the mistake of waiting for Iron too frequently, when a horse rush would be just as effective.

Comment

Working...
      X