Alliances with the AI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alliances with the AI.

I am playing as the spanish on emperor, 4 techs after everyone else but the germans, who was only 3 techs ahead. The Germans attacked me, wanting writing and not getting it.

So I asked Xerxes to make an alliance with me. He was happy to oblige without even getting something for the trouble. So I tried to ask for a tech of him as well. no problems. And then another, and yet another one.

So suddenly the germans declaring of war against me put me in equal position in the tech race with the rest of the world!

The techs I got was Iron Working, Horseback Riding, Mathematics and Mysticism. Pretty good deal for me if I may say so

Lucky you. Have you checked if the Persians were already at war with the Germans, when you asked for the alliance? If so, it would explain many.

Comment

I wouldn't think so.

If so the germans had no reason at all to attack me at the time, since persia was much closer for him anyway

Comment

Xerxes's a good fellow.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Xerxes is a good guy? Ha! Every game I have with the persians he always declares war on me and sends a million immortals after me.

In my last game I stayed out of war the entire game by not making alliances or MPP's. Amazingly everyone loved me. But the Persians weren't in that game.
          "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
            Xerxes's a good fellow.
            Xerxes is the prime evil of Civ 3 i HATE HATE HATE him!

Comment

Working...
            X