Espionage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espionage

So, how do i conduct espionage missions, i have all the requirements, but i can't figure out how to do it...also, i can't figure out how to establish embassies, early in the game, a screen pops up and asks me if i want to establish embassies with a couple countries, but i can't figure out how to do it later in the game...thanks

To establish embassies later on, left click on your capital, and select "conduct espionage". If, as I usually have, your Intelligence agency is in your capital, you get two options, establish embassy or create spy. Once the spy is in place (you may fail and they may declare war), go to the bottom right corner, where you have diplo-button and the unit statics, and click on E(spionage). You still need mkney to conduct espionage missions.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Quick get ptw and it will easy as pie. Shift + E will bring a menu of things you can do.

Comment

Try Crtl-E for establishing embassies and Ctrl-Shift-E for planting spys.

Comment

thanks guys!!

Comment

How often would you say spy missions succeed/fail in your own games? FOr myself I'd say that there are a great many spy missions that fail and cause me several wars, but I can usually handle myself so it doesn't matter. But how many people out there get away with espionage activities all the time?
            Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
            Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

For planting spies: I seem to succeed at about a flat rate of 50%, but so long as I only try to plant a spy in a given civ once every 6-8 turns I very rarely end up instigating a war, and that only when the target is royally POed at me to begin with.

For anything else: Attempting a mission "safely" seems to succeed more often than not; I don't use espionage incredibly often, but I'd say probably as much as 3 out of 4 times, possibly a bit more.

Comment

I do not even run spy missions, they are too expensive and fail too often.

Comment

I only run spy missions to incite a war to reduce my WW
                  badams

Comment

That will work, but I seem to have plenty of wars any way.

Comment

I hardly ever run spy missions, too darn expensive.
                      In case it wasn't mentioned before, it's easier to plant a spy if the AI isn't under Democracy.

Comment

What is it with the espionage missions being so damned expensive in CIV3? In Civ2 espionage was incredibly fun and exhilitaring for me, in fact I'd say that they provided the backbone to a great many solid games. Civ 3 is crap for espionage. Too much money and too little odds against you. Now if I had James Bond it would be different....
                        Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                        Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

I really preferred having actual diplomat/spy units. It gave spy missions a greater sense of involvement and realism; now it's just the luck of the draw.
                          Some people say that today is the first day of the rest of your life. That's true, for every day but one: the day you die.

Comment

we need something between what civ3 is and what civ2 was. Spies were too stroing in civ2.

Comment

What I would like to see is a new diplomatic/spy mission, assasination. Not the leader himself, but the advisors. Creates +1 content face in every city (unification after a tragedy), but the replacement advisor needs time to get things rolling, giving bad advice and false numbers. AI would work less effectively, lose money and such.
                              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                              X