Granary or GP first in capitol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badman
    Yes, but don't forget that during those 8 turns you lost because of building a granary, your second city can start building warriors and settlers.
    If I build a granary (since I've read this thread I often do so ) I'll always build it _after_ the first settler. This way, I lose some of the benefits of the granary, but I still have a very early second city.
    A lot depends on where building units is on your priority list (which, at least for me, depends a lot on barbarian settings). On high barbarian settings, I can see a good bit of merit in having a second city produce a couple warriors earlier. On the other hand, if barbarians are a non-issue, the settler production rate is of paramount importance for a REX-based strategy.

By the way, does anyone else get the feeling that barbarians fight better in PtW? I'm still on my first PtW game, but I was both surprised and annoyed at how many of my units died at the hands of barbarians. The question is, was that a fluke, or is it what I can expect from here on?

Nathan

Comment

I would have to say a fluke. I have played a lot of partial and a couple of full games. The barbs are wary, but no better at fighting. They will avoid bad fights and be unlikely to attack cities with spearmen.

Comment

Working...
      X