Global Warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Warming

I'm soliciting tips for dealing with extreme global warming.

It almost takes the fun out of playing on large maps with max civilizations as by the time the modern times roll around, the remaining civs are nuking each other to bits. It only takes six or seven nuke detonations to start causing 10-12 tiles in your territory to dry up. After a century of that, you're left with nothing but desert tiles, cities stagnant at 14 and 15 population and a faltering score.

Any tried and true strategies?
    "One riot; one ranger."
    --A motto of the Texas Rangers

Did you build SDI? Are you using standard rules and not using accelarated production? If so you should be able to end the game before they get nukes and use them. If not, you need to smash more of their cities when you get MA units to slow down the progress towards nukes. Once they get them, not much can be done except SDI and KKND (kill krush and Destroy).

Comment

Ooh the bastard french declared war on me and my MPP friends the romans started to nuke every single french city after I conquered Paris and destroyed the SDI- the sun icon in the turn screen has turned to dark red, and every single tile in the continent is turning into desert

One thing you can do is planting forests everywhere- this is the common route for a tile to become desert: forested tundra, tundra, grassland, yellow-brown tile, desert

I noticed that nuking a city turns all the surrounding tiles to desert! Is that because of the new patch?

wmxa 1 if you still have my savefile you should see that greece is no more a forested greenland
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

In a game a while ago I took a continent from the Indians and the Egyptians on the grounds that if they won't share their toys they shan't have any toys. As I already had a nice sized continent with very deliberately placed palace and FP I didn't really have much use for my new toy.
        So I planted forests everywhere I could on it. The majority of global warming from then on took the form of forest changed to ****. It is at least possible to replant a forest. That was a good game. A whole continent churning out nothing but workers to sell sell sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit

wmxa 1 if you still have my savefile you should see that greece is no more a forested greenland
          Sorry I got rid of all the downloads as I started to get confused as to where they came from and whose they were.
          I have very little exposure to nukes as I prefer to not let the AI get that far. I look forward to PTW to stop letting the civs get access to the technology, when you build MP. I never like nukes going back to civ2. At least civ2 allowed you to rebuild the tiles that were torched. If I were to mod a game, it would be to remove nukes.
          You are correct that if the tile has forrest, it is lost and effectively "saves" the tile. The game should be so close to ending that it does not matter if a few cities lose productivity.

Comment

Working...
          X