No announcement yet.

The key to AI greatness, Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AI stops REXing and becomes more aggressive, when it reaches the optimal city number. A viable way to help it out would be to lower this number. Unfortunately, this has 2 downsides:

- The corruption will be vastly increased, including all AIs and the human player.
    - On some maps, the AI will stop building cities, when there is still room to build.

This must be carefully balanced out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
      - The corruption will be vastly increased, including all AIs and the human player.
      This could be corrected by generally reducing corruption with the slider introduced in v1.21's editor. Bur it would be still a delicate act of balancing.
      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by lockstep
        This could be corrected by generally reducing corruption with the slider introduced in v1.21's editor. Bur it would be still a delicate act of balancing.
        I thought about this, but it would favor the human, because he knows about the toned down corruption, while the AI just evaluates the OCN.

Comment

Re: The key to AI greatness, Part II

KD, I was looking a this again:

In my test scenario (very simple set up, one city for each civ, three settlers, all industrious, all grassland) I got the following results:

Egypt (Emphasize food) 11, 7, 20 (irrigation, mine, road)
          China (Emph. shields) 9, 9, 19
          America (Emph. trade) 10, 9, 22
          France (baseline) 12, 6, 21

I find this confusing...

First, is this number of tiles worked by type? If so, how could America outperform China so much?

Second, Egypt gets less food and more production than the baseline?

If you want to post the scenario, I'll play with it a bit.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Theseus,

that was my first test and I don't know if the setup was that good (I changed some things later). Give it a try, I'm currently installing WinXP and will be offline for a while. I hope to be back later, so the Great $atan allows...
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X