Mid-game strategy - Neub needs help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaGeddin
    Yes, Japan is going to be a problem... He is just as powerfull as I am. I have been giving him stuff every time he calls me rather than have him go to war with me. I figure I will build as I go through the little guys and get my tech up higher than his in the right spots so when I do get to him i'll have a tech advantage. I may attack his cities on my continent and take them from him because they are small and easy to get to, then get a peace treaty going with him while I mop up the small guys.
    No way would I give him anything and help him. Let them get mad and declare war. They will sent troops. You can sink some before they land others that do land will not be a problem as you have home court. If you can not handle a civ that comes for you from another land mass, you are cooked anyway. I love to let them suffer war weariness as I whack all they send my way. I replace a few lossses, they have to replace all. If you can get in a toe hold and follow Arrians advice, do so. If you have your road or better yet get RR up incursion are a breeze. I like to have all tiles on the edges roaded so I can get there and maybe back up, so they can not hit me next round. Make dozen cannon/art or whater you have to run up on them and soften them. Attacks tend to come from the same areas so get ships in place. Bombard them if you can first. Start hurting him.

Comment

Fairly simple tip this, never set your sliders to either 0% or 100%. You lose the benefits of either your marketplaces or your libraries by doing this. Even at 10% they do enough to earn their keep.

Comment

True, zero research is for those that have not built either of those types of structures. I drop to 10% and build them, so that I can use them when I get near the top in techs.

Comment

Well, after I set in motion everything I learned in this thread I stomped Japan and everyone else so easy it was not funny. I ended up sweeping everyone but Japan while in Monarchy, then setting the slider to 90% like you all said and going for Republic. I got way more tech than Japan did fast and I didnt even finish the game because I was stomping all over him and I decided to start a new game at Monarch level.

Look for the adventures of Armageddin in a new thread where I describe that Monarch game.

Comment

Great

Comment

Working...
            X