The Dark Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbeliever!!!

You gotta do it once, just to use as your avatar, somehow showing Grog instead of the Tank.

Average stats: 9-5-1

It'd mess people up but good... "Man, that Arrian guy writes some good sh-t, but whassup with Grog??!!"
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Arrian, your "Grog want tank" line is so funny

I can just see it...

The Adventures of Grog

3050 BC: Cleared his first barbarian camp

2600 BC: Returned home from campaign against the barbarians, elite hero, Protector of the Realm

2150 BC: With the help of his trusty catapults, Tom and Jerry, fended of the archer hordes of the evil English. Grog rescues from the defeated English a mythical hero taken capture 1200 years earlier, who makes a great new flag in honour of Grog, and promises to carry it around for him 'till the end of time.

1725 AD: Motorized transport discovered, GROG WANT TANK

1730 AD: Grog gets a shiny new tank, sticks Tom and Jerry to it and goes off for war

1810 AD: Grog completes his conquest of the world

Comment

Something like that, yeah.

There was an old Civ I cheat program that, when you loaded it, had a couple of different intros. One of the intros was grog want tank. Then, with the power of the cheat program, you could indeed provide Tanks in 4000BC.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Arrian, about using and building Catapults, this is my typical strategy:

Once I've got a small army to play around with, I like to get a few Cats to support it (typically 3-5). I build them early on, because they're like an investment with a slow but steady return. The ideal place to build them is in your new frontier cities that don't have any Barracks and a rather low production - both okay, because Cats are cheap and don't have an experience level.

Comment

Dark side, eh? Well, perhaps I'll start up a little Jedi foundation for us peaceful builders...
            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
            -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000
              Dark side, eh? Well, perhaps I'll start up a little Jedi foundation for us peaceful builders...
              The Jedi Foundation may work in MP games, but I see little hope against Emperor+ AI.

Comment

I would think the opposite, really. I doubt I'll be able to hold as builder against most of war mongers. I can generally convince the AI not to attack me during the time when I'm defended by nothing but spearmen and warriors and their nicely finishing off the Medieval Age. Any aggressive human player would just wipe me off the face of the Earth. Then again, if there are no AI for people to conquer and extort tech from, then they will likely to be pretty far behind techwise, so I guess we'll see.
                "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                  hr_oskar, welcome aboard the ACSS Dark Side!! Trust me, it gets worser and worser... you start dreaming about pre-2000BC GL-fests ("god, I wonder what happens if I get the Colossus, the Pyramids, and the GLib using just Warriors...").

Well, I could answer any one of you, and I have comments that U would like to hear. But time is precious and right now there are 2 much real life and 2 less civilization. Sorry.

Just want to brag off that my best game was on regent,where I conqured the world in 2700 BC. I used 8 units, warriors and archers, to achieve that. Score was above 14000, which I did not deserve.

More on subject: The dark side is something I will try again. Sometimes it's a real rocker!
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                  X