protection of resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hr_oskar
    On the topic of this thread: The AI seriously sucks at guarding its important resources

Example from my game yesterday: my army is marching into American territory, razing New York which is next to their only Iron resource, on a mountain tile. The resource is still within their border, and they've got some Swordsmen running around; do they fortify them on the iron mountain? Nah, rather send them a long way to get some worker or crappy city across the continent...

So bye-bye American iron, bye-bye American swords, bye-bye America

But then you've all seen this before...
    hi ,

well , maybe its because the level you play on , or the AI simply has no units to watch and guard it , ....

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

AFAIK the AI isn't any dumber or smarter on the different levels; that game was in emperor, btw.

And as I was saying, there were the Swordsmen running around, who would have caused me much grief had they been fortified on the mountain (thus securing America's Iron). But instead they walked past my army to God-knows-what end, and were quickly dispatched.

Comment

yes this i play on emperor as well, same issues

Comment

I notice that the AI often has mobile units running back and forth on a track near parts of my borders, and I believe that these are a sort of patrol. Perhaps the AI could be told to set up a patrol zone in a resource area.
          Rhett Monroe Chassereau

"I use to be with it, then they changed what it is. And what I'm with isn't it, and what is it seems strange and scary to me." -Abe Simpson

Comment

i would be satisfied for now with just a couple more defensive units fortified in the city that has the resource in its boundries. i believe that would be the simplist way, and pretty effective because colonies aren't really an option in enemy territory (not mention the rest of the world)

Comment

Colonies disappear when someones cultural sphere overlaps that tile. Gets me sort of angry when that particular sphere belongs to someone but me, I had no other choice than starting a war to get my iron back.

Therefore I rarely build colonies more than 1 tile outside my own borders. Just to make sure I expand over them before anyone else do.
              Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Working...
              X