Stuck between rocks and sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kloreep
    I used to scoff at the Lighthouse, but I sure won't say anything bad about it after this game.
    You might want to check this link out Kloreep - an island map peace strat based around the lighthouse and overseas expansion:

Lighthouse REX Strategy

Recently I've been playing pangea maps, but I'm returning to Island/Lighthouse to see if it can work for the hitherto-lame English - partly for the challenge but also for the historical resonance.

In 1.21 they have good start techs for mapmaking, and, er that's all. When I finished the current game I'll install 1.29 and see how much better the English play with commercial boosted, though they'll still be weakened on standard maps (esp islands).

Comment

Thanks for the link. Interesting thread; the point about the wartime value of galleys w/ Lighthouse is also good, especially since I do love those Immortals. Maybe it even makes the Lighthouse worthwhile on Pangea, if you go to war with civs you can access by coast.

Well, I'm sorry to report that I've given up this game. But when it's past 1500 AD, you have no FP and are still in despotism, and your enemies are using Cav and Rifles when you're still stuck with Knights and Muskets, you know things have gone horribly wrong.

I guess I should start writing the obituary of the English, who bravely fought against all odds only to fall to their own corruption.

Thanks to everyone for the advice; hopefully it'll go better next time I get a start like this.

Comment

@Aeson: the name fits the map!!

i'm not doing to well (some bad luck, and a few poor decisions , I went for random civ, and getting the russians(scientific/expansionist!!) wasn't a great help either.
        hmm, you making sure not many resources are availlable might have something to with the fact i'm somewhat behind too.
        btw: 2-3 AI's are allready in the industrial age. game year around 550-600. This is quick, very quick IMHO
        So yes, i'm waaaaaaay behind in tech
        But the game IS fun, Thanks
        maybe you should post it in the files section
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
        X