Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probs w/ GL Wonder Rush-Build???

Ok, so here's the deal....

I'm the Babs. I have eliminated the Greeks, and have pushed the Persians and Zulu off my continent...

When I was taking the last Zulu city, One of my Elite swordsmen flipped to a GL

Just what I needed to hurry production of the FP in Delphi so I can concentrate on getting out of the Middle Ages...

I complete the cathedral that Delphi is building, and then select FP. I activate my GL and attempt to hurry production of the FP....

I get the following message:

"Cannot hurry Forbidden Palace... "

What am I doing wrong???

Attached is my save file...

Can anyone help me?

-Bob
    Attached Files
    Semper ubi sub ubi!

I don't have time to load your game at the moment, but I think I can guess what the problem is from the description. Either that, or you've run into an interesting bug.

From your description, it sounds like you tried to hurry the FP the same way you would to use population or gold to rush something. The way it's done with leaders is different. When you select the leader unit, the top two buttons in the unit actions section at the bottom of the screen are special actions for leaders. One is "Build Army" and the other is "Hurry Improvement." (I think I remember the wording right.) To use a leader to rush something, move the leader to the city where the thing you want to rush is, then click the "Hurry Improvement" button. (There's probably a keyboard shortcut for it, but I've never paid attention.) Presto, you have all the shields you need to complete whatever that city is building.

Nathan

Comment

Yeah, what Nathan said. It sounds like your just pressing the wrong button.

I was doing that for the longest time the first time I tried to rush a wonder with a GL ... it took me AGES to realise where I was going wrong because I never use the action buttons at the bottom of the screen and didn't notice the new options.

PS. I don't have time to load it either. Sorry. Maybe you have found a bug.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
      X