Suggestions wanted-must not lose space race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by albiedamned
    So few people use espionage that most don't even know you can do that! I've never tried it.
    I've had it happen to me in one game I played last week. The French kept sabotaging production in 2 of my cities during a war I was fighting with them. It really didn't hurt me too much but I did end up losing that game at retirement due to low score.
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I have lowered costs of espionage slightly, and made extensive use in my last war.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Hi all,

Just thought I'd update you all on my progress so far.

I reloaded my 1991 saved game and proceeded as follows:

Landed a stack of 8 units on a mountain in Russia's continent. Continued reinforcing this stack for the next several turns. The Russians initially threw everything they had at me but could not dislodge my stack from the mountain. Most of the stack however was decimated in the open when they tried to run across plains to get to the next mountain range. No matter I still had on MA and one MI at the gates of Moscow. All I need to do now is nuke Moscow again and capture the city on the same turn.

Meanwhile I built 8 parts. I had been at war with Egypt but they agreed to peace. We then exchanged techs, my superconductor for their sattelites. Now I have all the techs needed for the spaceship.

Egypt is hopelessly behind in the spaceship race and Russia should be taken care of soon. I finally planted a spy in France and discovered they are not even attempting to build a spaceship. This game should be mine.

And then it happened..........

During a routine go to command for a stack of workers my game crashed!!!!!! It seems the workers needed to move through one of my cities to get to the tile I instructed them to go to. The workers all attacked the city instead of moving through it and then the game immediately crashed to the desktop! I've seen people discuss this bug before and was astonished to see it happen to me. I'm using 1.21f. Needless to say I quit for the night but will continue again after another reload.

Another bug I noticed was this; attempted to move a destroyer into a coastal city. The destroyer attacked my own city and died! Has anyone else experienced this?

Comment

Haha! I though they fixed attacking own cities in 1.21f. Before you proceed next time, stop those damned workers, maybe also the destroyer, if it's still there.

Comment

Hello

Though you might not need any more help, try taking a look at my 'strategy report' at http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=54848 Though you probably won't need to use it, I bet you could figure out a way to use this tactic in order to set them back in the space race.
            "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Interesting read johncmcleod. In my game I did use helicopter dropped paratroopers. I used them to distract the defenders while landing my main assualt force on their continent. While the paratroopers didn't divert too many defenders, my main force was able to get 3 MA within range of Moscow.

Turned out I didn't need to capture Moscow as I used a great leader to complete the last Spaceship part and win the game.

Attached see a screenshot. Thanks to all who helped me win my first game at regent!
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm currently close to completing my second Regent win game. Will probably finish tomorrow, hoperfully, with a win. I had completely epic 8 or so turns!

Comment

Originally posted by Jawa Jocky
                  If the Russians don't have nukes they may not have any Uranium. If they don't have Uranium try to get the other civs in on a trade embargo. If they do have Uranium then you better be ready to get nuked.
                  You need Uranium to build one of the spaceship parts.

So if they have no nukes and no uranium, it's doubtful that they can build all spaceship parts. This just happened to me as my only source of uranium ran out a few turns before I got the last research done (probably superconductor). I even had a leader to rush the part but I had no uranium anywhere near me. And I did not have oil on my continent either so a naval campaign was impossible at that point in the game.
                  John Heidle

Comment

Working...
                  X