Population in Free Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Population in Free Fall

Can anyone tell me why certain cities will all of a sudden switch over to all unhappy citizens (and therefore in auto mode, to entertainers) causing the population to go into free-fall (because nobody is making food)? Even in a city where all happiness improvements have been made...and the Shakespeare wonder...and ive turned up the happiness to max...still cant get anyone to be happy!

War weariness?

Disgruntled from too much pop rushing?

More details would help...
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

well i suppose that is possible...but even when im not at war it happens...and if im not rushing anything...im in communist govt btw

Comment

clicjk on an unhappy face in a city, it tells you why it's unhappy.

if it says "It's just way too crowded" it's just a generic unhapiness.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I think there are only 5 sources of unhappiness (someone correct me if there are others): crowding, war weariness, war against the mother country (for foreign nationals), drafting, and rushing. Like UberKruX said, click on one of the unhappy people and it will tell you what percentage is coming from each source of unhappiness.

For war weariness, you can end the war, switch out of Republic/Democracy, build Universal Suffrage, and build police stations. For drafting and rushing, all you can do is wait the 20 turns for the effect to go away. For war against the mother country, you have to end the war against the mother country. For crowding, you can get more luxuries, build happiness improvements/wonders (especially marketplace if you have more than 2 luxuries), raise the luxury rate, or create entertainers.
          Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

For crowding you can also build workers or settlers to lower population.
            I have no living enemies!

Comment

Working...
            X