do improovements help corruption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do improovements help corruption?

As you can see in the game I included I have conquered the most land and am Scientifically advanced but my culture sucks. I a have a couple of great wonders and one small but few temples and stuff.
    Please give some advice on when I need to start building this stuff and whether or not it helps or hurts corruption(will it add to corrupption) and what else I need to do in this game.
    Attached Files

The only structures that help corruption (under default rules) are the police station and the courthouse. The culture producing ones don't, but they have their own benefits. Beyond a certain amount of corruption (twice the optimal number of cities for the size map and difficulty), not much will help (other than playing by different rules).
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Build temples as early as you can - to get the culture levels up, and to expand your borders
      "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

also so WLTKD will help controlling corruption. This offcourse is not a building you can buy but relates to happiness
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I've played a modded game where more than just courthouses and police stations reduce corruption.

Even with these changes a large city on a different continent still could not get pass 50% corruption.

It's gotten to the point where if I conquer a city on another continent I will immediatly rush a temple and have it produce wealth. That is all they are good for productionwise.

Comment

Yes, there is no doubt that the corruption idea is out of hand in Civ 111. You can mod the distance effects of corruption in the editor.
            "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
            --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
            X