No announcement yet.

Super Expansion Strategy: How to Build 100+ cities By 10AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Fell. Thanks for the pointers. "The basic expansion idea was taken from the 'Expansionist Chariot Gambit with ICS Topping' thread by Aeson, which is a good read."

I'd like to read Aeson's as well if it's still around somewhere. Thanks
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

The thread is on this very forum a few pages down now I assume.. use the search function, you should have no problems finding it.

As for a smaller continent start... conquer the continent after ICSing a few cities, then fill it all out whilst exploring the seas with galleys. Lighthouse may be useful if you can get it. Strategy is slightly different for islands.. you will need to do more conqering unless you start on a really big island.

Comment

Just want to note that I played a game on emperor using this approach and it was fun / seems to work well.

I came to civ only in January and never played the earlier versions. I'm afraid shift-a is about all I know about workers and I'm also afraid that I've ignored the elements of city placement too long. You've got me interested in the kind of blocking and tackling it probably takes to be good at higher levels. Thanks.
        Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by DrFell
          'declare war in negotiations' trick
          And this is?

Comment

When you are renegotiating a peace treaty with the AI, at the point when the peace treaty is up on the table, click 'never mind' and you'll be offered the chance to declare war, but you'll still be in negotiations. So you can go back to the bargaining table and get cities off of the AI for peace immediately, without several turns of war.

Comment

Working...
            X