Rally point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rally point?

Is there a feature that you can activate that will make selected units (say 20 tanks from 20 towns) all rally at the same point (square) on the map; so we don't have to constantly send them over. You know, like in Starcraft/War/AOE, etc all those strategy games.

I think that this would be an extremely useful feature to include in the next patch if its not already there.

Anyone know how to suggest this to Firaxis??

Thanks

Nope. There is no group select, other than"j" for stack movement.

Add to the list: Waypoints, patrols, mixed-unit group movement, etc.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I first saw the "patrol" idea first appear on forums FIVE YEARS AGO.

Firaxis still has not implemented it.

So if you're waiting for them to implement a "rally" function don't hold your breath. It makes too much sense for them.

Comment

While I don;t agree with the emotional answer, I agree in principle.

What I don;t get is that ALL of these type of unit management features were in Empire, before Sid even did Civ1.

Why would they get dropped? And then, upon seeing requests in forums (and elsewhere, I'm sure), why not put'em back?

Back to nap2's original point, how the hell do you play this "turnless" thing if you can;t group select?
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Wow.......I guess I'm not the only one to wish for these features....I'm kinda new to the whole Civ thing though....I just thought that a feature like "rally" would take a little tedium out of a long game and allow us to focus on the strategy.

Patrol is a nice feature too......at the very least for scouting a large map in an area you have previously cleared...to make sure no sneaky business happens.

We should send a flood of suggestions to them then.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
            Add to the list: Waypoints, patrols, mixed-unit group movement, etc.
            Isn't mixed-group movement scheduled to be in PTW?
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
            Odysseus and the March of Time
            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Yes, I heard something like "managed movement of units even with different movepoints", guess that would be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle
                I first saw the "patrol" idea first appear on forums FIVE YEARS AGO.

Firaxis still has not implemented it.
                Alpha Centaury had Patrol: with a nice related bug to exploit the game, too

(Build or conquer native lifeform, set them in a patrol with 3 (may be 4, I can't remember now) turnpoints to make a close loop: the units instantly become trained/strenghtened to the max).

It seems they have removed the bug and the whole command, too.

May be they'll bring it back with Civ III PTW expansion (an interface button on the screenshots resemble the SMAC patrol order, to me).
                "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
                X