AI asking for UN vote ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI asking for UN vote ?

Has anyone ever seen the AI building the UN and asking for a vote?
    In my last game China built the UN and never asked for a vote until I launched my space ship about 50 turns after. Did it know I would win the vote?
    Nym
    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Hmm, good question. I had one early deity game where the AI got the UN and won the vote, since then I haven't let them get it. They didn't ask for the vote straight away though, so maybe the AI does 'check' the result beforing taking the vote. Anyone seen a tie/loss after the AI holds an election?

Comment

In GOTM7 at CivFanatics, the AI built the UN and used it immediately, and there was no winner. No majority or some such.
      "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
      -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

I almost always build the UN to keep it out of the AI's hands, then hold off votes. But in my last game, a civ built it ahead of me, and immediately asked for a vote - a first in my experience. More surprisingly, the voting went like this: me three, them one, with one abstention. The abstention was the #2 power, with whom we were all at war. There's a lot of food for thought here... like why the UN builders thought they'd win, why the #2 power didn't vote for itself and, for that matter, why the other two voted for me. (I had been nice to them in a puppetmaster strat, but equally nice to the UN builders.)

Comment

That whole UN-Thing shall be overworked and made somewhat like in MOO... It was cool, when after a voting of 2 AI's one came to you and offered an Alliance in Thankfullness while the other threatened to declare war on you if you'd vote their Opponent again...

Comment

Sounds like the AI also makes use of the human player option to call for a vote or leave it.

With all the money the AI is waisting on whatever I usually take the safe side and keep UN for myself and only call a vote when appropriate, which is basically never!

Comment

I just lost a Deity level game by U. N. Funny thing is that the civ that built it, lost the vote. Idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by BillChin
                I just lost a Deity level game by U. N. Funny thing is that the civ that built it, lost the vote. Idiots.
                Either votes are totally random, which is not fun , or the AI is not omniscient, even at deity level.
                Nym
                "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

In a recent game on Warlord difficutly, Normal sized, continet map, and 3 civilizlations were left (Me (China),Greece, and Germans this is what happend...

Greece called for a vote I abstained and the two others voted for themselves.

China called for a vote and I still had never finished a game and didn't know someone could win off being elected so I voted for Greece and lost...

Can only two civs bulid the UN? It wouldn't let me bulid it...

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                    Anyone seen a tie/loss after the AI holds an election?
                    I actually had this at my first game. The AI called for an election. I wasn't only a mediocre civ. I was at war with both the civs I could vote for, so I decided to abstain. It turned out the voting went 3-3. Lcky me!
                    Eventually I won that game with a Space Race victory!
                    "I will not give you a cup of water if you were drowning in the desert!"

Just my favourite CIV-quote. :)

Comment

Working...
                    X