No announcement yet.

wait for culture flip, or attack???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i havent' used planes all that much in civ3 yet. i was wondering, do you know if there's a way to set the planes to auto recon the same square every turn? that'd be handy.
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

not that i know of, but i agree - that would be excellent. i haven't really used planes all that much either, since the bombardment always seems to fail for me (how can it when you're dropping bombs from the air? they have to be hitting SOMEthing).

maybe there are more plane tactics i haven't discovered or heard of yet...? i always just use them for recon.
      drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

Originally posted by Kc7mxo
        i havent' used planes all that much in civ3 yet. i was wondering, do you know if there's a way to set the planes to auto recon the same square every turn? that'd be handy.
        I first heard and read of people suggesting an auto-recon or auto-patrol feature five years ago for Civ 2. Of course it would be handy. Of course Firaxis ignored that, too.

BTW, I edited up a bit the bombardment capabilities of bombers, otherwise they'd not be worth the effort.

Comment

Auto-patrol was a feature in Empire, the military-only precursor to Civ1. I agree, wish it was back.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Yeah, its kind of frustrating when you think of all the lil things we've been beggin for that they couldn't, wouldn't, or didnt' have time to put in.

I'd be happy if I hadn't just lost 3 knights in a row to the SAME spearman in a size 2 city on grassland without walls, though.

[edit: grammar]
            By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Working...
            X