1.21 Goodie huts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.21 Goodie huts...

...don't seem so good. I started my first 1.21 Civ3 game as the French and it seemed like 3 times out of 4 I ran into an angry tribe of barbarians.

Anyone else experience this?

May be bad luck. I didn't do all that well with goody huts in my first game on 1.21f either but it wasn't quite that bad.

Comment

About the only good thing that came out of it were some elite warriors.

Comment

The only thing I noticed for sure is, that the probability to get a "skilled settler" out of a hut has been VASTLY reduced in 1.21f.

Comment

I wonder if it was set up this way in 1.21 to give expansionist civs a better bonus than what was previously available.

Comment

I have been getting almost pure techs and empty huts - ocassionally a local map. everything else is extremely rare....
            Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
            Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
            I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

I have only played Japanese since 1.21 (4 games). It seems to vary quite a bit. Essentially nothing but empty huts and maps in first game, a bunch of tech in third, and a settler in fourth, but no tech. I was quite happy to get the settler.

Of course there are always the barbarians, unless you are expansionist. Perhaps there are a few less goodies in this version.

Comment

I think goody hut contents depend on the qualities of the civ that pops them.

The Civilopedia states that "passive barbarians" (I think that means goody huts) are friendlier toward Expansionist civs. I have observed that tech advances come more frequently when I'm playing a scientific civ, gold when I'm playing commercial, etc. However, I'm willing to admit that it may just be my own perception.

Seems like this ought to be modifiable, but I didn't find a control in the editor.

Comment

Working...
                X