This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wot stratz d0 j00 uze?

Since I woz banned from civfan coz of the way I speakz and coz I iz blackz, I iz gonna be posting h33r for a bitz.

I haz been playing thiz game 4 a while, and I can beatz deit33 wiv 33ze. But I iz l00king 4 other winning approachez to the gamez, maybe stuff that workz g00d for mp when it comez out? I iz looking for commentz on stratz specially from 1337 deit33 playerz. Az for m33, my deity stratz r summed up az followz:

On small mapz, I uze a 'kill AIz early then become 1337 no1 playerz' strat. To d00 thiz j00 build only a f33w citiez early on, about 5 or lezz (depenz on space). J00 build barrackz in some of th33z citiez, then j00 h00k up sum horsez or ironz, and go kill the nearezt AIz wiv horsemen (my favez) or swordz. For thiz it iz also g00d t00 hav a civ wiv a g00d early UU. When j00 cut them down to a cuple citiez j00 go for p33ze, and demand everythinz off of them (techz, mon33). Thiz way j00 catchez up quick. On tiny maps j00 can get a world conquezt by the early ADz or b33fore. If j00 can't manage that, j00 can go 4 expanzion after killing a couple AIz, build lotz of cit33z fill up all spaze j00 can. If j00 don't get a great l33der, start work on the forbidden palace, that wonder rox. J00 shud be 1337 no1 playerz on the map by the industrial agez. Then j00 can build up, industrialize, and build sum 1337 wonderz.
    Best civz to pick: Egypt, Iroquois, Persians

Az for bigger mapz, I uze a similar stratz but wiv different conquezt timez. I call it 'buildz up become 1337 no1 playerz then killz AIz' strat. T00 d00 thiz j00 build tonz of cit33z early unless j00 really n33d war (say j00z got no spaze). Build upz, get horsez and build tonz of chariotz when j00 can't build settz. If j00 keep building upz j00 will end up wiv a h00ge arm33 of chariotz, when u get chivalr33, j00 upgradez az man33 az j00 can to knightz. Then j00 send them off t00 killz the AIz. By the industrial agez j00 shud hav a commandin leadz over the AIz, j00 r now the 1337 no1 playerz on the mapz hopefully. Buildz up, industrialize, and build some 1337 wonderz az be4.
    Best civz to pick: Iroquois, Japan

So wot stratz d00 j00 find workz well? Iz j00r stratz az 1337 az minez?

j00 r never trul33 1337 until j00 know the proper handle of Marz.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I am 1337 d00d. But I hatez spamz t00.

Comment

Infancy?

My strategy is trying to do what it takes to not mess up with other people's time.

Do you really expect me and others to consequently read your pre-infantile spelling?

Not funny and definitely a general waste of time.

There is a reason why everyone tries to use standard English on these forums you know ...

AJ
        " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
        - emperor level all time
        - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

I've seen this guy on civfanatics. He had two different logins.

What was it that Mr. Spock used to say? "Fascinating"
          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

ancay oojay 33kspay igzpay atinzlay?

drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

Originally posted by Bella Hella
              ancay oojay 33kspay igzpay atinzlay?

Yes I can. Toon hayeren g'khosees?
              signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Hey... if you have a problem with this guy... take it somewhere else. When I look at this thread, I see one guy who isn't good in English (which isn't against the rules) and a bunch of spammers who probably all deserve PCR's or restrictions...

So either post on topic... or be prepared for a vacation.
                Until this guy turns into the spammer you all claim he is, he is welcome to post just as you all "currently" are...

Got it!
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I-iZ-1337m,

I would like to give you some feedback on strategies, but I just don't understand that language you are speaking.

Comment

Re: Wot stratz d0 j00 uze?

Originally posted by I-iZ-1337
                    Since I woz banned from civfan coz of the way I speakz and coz I iz blackz, I iz gonna be posting h33r for a bitz.
                    Because you're black?

Yeah right.

Oh my god.

I hope your're kidding.

Still, good luck

As strategies go, you need to take them out before they do they do the same to you. The AI is very competitive, in fact it almost plays like a human. Not like the AI in the CTP series, which was more like a computer. The AI in Civ3 isn't trying to build a nice little nation; it's trying to win a game. And it'll stop at nothing. So, early expansion to facilitate lots of gold later on and attack when they're least expecting it. Preferablywhen they're already at war with someone else and their resources are stretched thin. As with any strategy game, it's all picking the right moment.
                    Up the Irons!
                    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                    Odysseus and the March of Time
                    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I prefer to use other civs to fight most of the wars for me. I build up territory, cities, and then armies in that order. It works against the AI. Probably not so good in MP though.

I'll go to war early if another civ is too close or my start position is too poor. But it can be very difficult to overcome a bad start position prior to the Middle Ages.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                        Hey... if you have a problem with this guy... take it somewhere else. When I look at this thread, I see one guy who isn't good in English (which isn't against the rules) and a bunch of spammers who probably all deserve PCR's or restrictions...

So either post on topic... or be prepared for a vacation.
                        Until this guy turns into the spammer you all claim he is, he is welcome to post just as you all "currently" are...

Got it!
                        Umm, Ming, with all due respect, this guy's use of this way of writing shows that he is perfectly aware of how to use the English language. Don't let him play you. On the other hand, as long as he does not say anything insulting or too crass, so what if his self grasping "I'm so different! I'm so cool! Look at me! Look at me!" style of typing and spelling irritates people.
                        "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

sorry ( especially to the the mods), but i don't believe
                          you guys are actually replying to this thread???!!!!!

this is not spamming( well ok it is , but not on purpose!)
                          player1 ? was that your original answer, or did you edit after MING came into the picture??

sorry but this guy IS annoying to say the least!, and it nothing to do with bad english ( mine is probably alot worse).btw My guess is he is English.

Ming, read his other posts please, i 'll think you'l see what we mean, i might be out of order, for wich i apologies( yes i do)
                          but please!!
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Re: Re: Wot stratz d0 j00 uze?

Originally posted by zulu9812

Because you're black?
                            Dude, I don't think he is black. Black people speak much better than this.

Anyway, funky spelling dude, most all of what everyone has said is right. The AI is better in this game than other god games, but the same holds true; emulate some of what the AI does, but if you really want to bust this game out, figure out waht the AI does NOT do. If you expand like crazy, play musical wonders, keep an eye on the science tab, keep a military force big enough to discourage attacks if you are a builder, or big enough to achieve your conquest goals as a conquerer, you will do fine. Its so intricate and complex, but again, lokk for what the AI has trouble w/. (hint: artillery, combined arms, building production improvements to name a few).
                            "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Yeah. Many of you may be out of order.

Is this guy any more annoying than the threads that erupt into Finnish, or Dutch?

At least the guy is actually discussing the game. And it's not so hard to comprehend what he is saying. I can think of many posters who are much more 'irritating.' Maybe me.

What is that ignore list thingie?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X