Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

of course you can sell , but what the AI tends to do , is , buy it from you , and then sell it to everyone he has contact with , so 14 times 100 is 1400 a turn for the persians in this case , ....
    now try to do that as human player , or you will have to sell it to everyone , but , when you sell to one , at the same time before you can sell to number 2 , all the others have just bougt it , ....

have a nice day
    I never let it do that, oh no!
    When I sell or exchange a tech, I always do it during my turn and sell/exchange it with all civs (except the ones who offer too little gold.
    Nym
    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Originally posted by Nym

I never let it do that, oh no!
      When I sell or exchange a tech, I always do it during my turn and sell/exchange it with all civs (except the ones who offer too little gold.
      hi ,

sound fair , BUT , if the AI sells it in the same turn to the other civ's , what can one do , ..............

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I believe that V1.17 (and V1.21) modified the code to prevent the AI from trading tech on the human player's turn.

As to what the AI gets for techs when it trades, I assume that it is similar to human player. That is, it depends on the number of civs that have the tech, etc.

Comment

Shaka, actually, 1.16 did that.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka II
            I believe that V1.17 (and V1.21) modified the code to prevent the AI from trading tech on the human player's turn.

As to what the AI gets for techs when it trades, I assume that it is similar to human player. That is, it depends on the number of civs that have the tech, etc.
            hi ,

its less , but its the thoughts of a great deal of people that its still there , ...........

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I find it can be useful to go for certain techs that the AI doesn't usually bother with straight away - for example, if I hit Republic first, I can usually get one or twotechs off each civ (plus maybe cash and/or luxuries), and more or less catch up with the pack.
              yada

Comment

Originally posted by Seneca
                I find it can be useful to go for certain techs that the AI doesn't usually bother with straight away - for example, if I hit Republic first, I can usually get one or twotechs off each civ (plus maybe cash and/or luxuries), and more or less catch up with the pack.
                True. I did it twice during my current game and got once two techs and gold per turn for one tech (I think it was Atomic Theory against Combustion and Replaceable Parts).
                Nym
                "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Atomic Theory's a huge one cost wise. Which is good, since I think just about every game I obtained Atomic theory via theory of evolution (except for the games where the AI beat me to it, of course)

usually goes like this:

Research scientific method

Build darwin's voyage while researching Sanitation or replaceable parts (or both, depends).

Time the completion of evolution with the end of above research (play with tax rate)

obtain atomic theory + electronics.

trade everyone and their mom atomic theory to gain lots of $$ and techs (usually refining/steel/communism/espionage if any)

build hoover dam, then trade electronics if need be.

Seems to be a pretty stable pattern in my games.

Comment

Getting Scientific Method is surely the most important moment for me during the Industrial Age. However, I try to be already researching techs myself and getting in a nice situation tech wise by then.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I pretty much have research constantly on once into industrial age also, but I beeline down the electronics path (well, I get steam engine and industrialization first), so it's nice to be able to trade for techs on the upper tree.

Comment

Even though my ancient and middle-ages game revolves around war, I start carrying out my own research in the Industrial age. I set my path towards Motorized Transportation once that occurs, so that I can get tanks ASAP, and start warmongering again (by that point, cavalry just don't cut it).

Also, I find that by the time I've built the Theory of Evolution, I'm starting on my research into Atomic Theory. That way, my free techs are Atomic Theory and Electronics (both of which are quite expensive techs by the way).
                        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

hi ,

just two cent's worth , ......

with a hospital your city grows , and the bigger it gets , the bigger your civ's science , ...........

have a nice day

Comment

What I have been doing lately is beelin for certain very nice tech's. Usually I beeline for Monarchy first, and then use that as a trading card. Then I'll have one of my smaller so/so towns near the capitol start building a palace or forbidden palace so when I get access to Sistine Chapel or Feudalism I can just switch the palace project to a wonder and no problems.

I've noticed that Monarchy demands a high price with the other civ's. Just last night I traded it to the Chinese for 4 other tech's. Is it mainly the government tech's that are real high price or ones with Wonders attached. I noticed no one would sell Feudalism for less than 400gold...

Comment

Working...
                            X