No announcement yet.

Maxed out science research.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again though, I am pretty impressed with Gramphos's C3MT... at least if you make dumb rule changes that you need to undo or you find something that you really want to change.. then you can without having to start a game from scratch.

There is nothing worse than ggetting to the Modern era with a new game/scenario and you forgot to increase Battleshipmovement from 6 to 10 or whatever.

Really... you must have a look at his utility... I can;t believe Firaxis is stressing over a 'scenario editor' when he a pretty much single-handedly developed one and donated a lot of time to being a files administrator for Apolyton.

And I bet that the first version of the editor will not do as much as Gramphos's... might be prettier but it will not do as much.

Full credit to him.. very talented guy.
    ------------------------------------
    Cheers
    Exeter.
    -------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
      Hmm. It all doesn't sound too bad, exeter0. Well thought out, and you say you enjoy it. Maybe worth a try. OK Patch 1.21, I guess it's time to download you and try Civ3 again!

Thanks for your posts, exeter0 - you may just have got me reinterested in the game!
      I am an ardent CTP2 fan.. I had just about got totally fed up with CIV3 when 1.17 came out... but 1.17F does deliver a lot... and the best bit is that they are not hard-coding the fixes.

For AI Tech whoring for example... they have provided a parameter in the difficulties tab (in the editor) that you can set to your personal game balance preference.

Give CIV3 another chance... it is getting there.

As I said.. in my view the next biggest issue is having a worker instruction/task queue (or some other way of administering workers)... and maybe proper unit stacking (like CTP2)... but I would be happy if that didn;t make it until CIV4.
      Cheers
      Exeter.

Comment

Hey... I just got promoted... I'm going up in the world. (my secret word - my girlfriend doesn;t even know I play any computer games... it would mean immediate derission!)
        Cheers
        Exeter.

Comment

just imagine her reaction if she knew you were getting excited about the 'promotion'

Comment

Yeah.. I can hear her now... "You 'pathetic loser".
            Cheers
            Exeter.

Comment

Well, I HOPE you are correct, because that's the way I also do it. And when it gets down to 2 and 1 turns before finishing (or even before), I will optimize it to optimize the research and the cash flow.
              Yes this is an excellent strategy. Later in the game when i get ~200 gold per turn decreasing my science 10-20% for 1 or 2 turns here and there increases in to 400-600 per turn!

Comment

Working...
              X