Resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resources

Let's say that in your Civ, you need a strategic resource, which you don't have because your ground doesn't produce it, for example you need iron, or rubber but there aren't any.

We are talking about, you are in the middle ages or in the industrial ages. How can you acquire them apart through commerce. Do you need to make war with another civ and capture a city near to a resource or is there any other way?

Thanks
    I tan i epi tas

1) trade

2) war: a) conquering city
    b) razing city and building your own near lux/res
    c) moving into AI territory and building city on top of it
    --> beware: war will be triggered immediately.

AJ
    " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
    - emperor level all time
    - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Thanks!

I thought it was only through trade or war, I hoped there was another way!
      I tan i epi tas

Comment

One more option:

you might aim for a cultural flip over:

1) your culture must be bigger/stronger than the opponent
        2) 'targeted' city must be an AI border city, try to surround the targeted city or build very close and hurry culture improvements as fast as possible.

Some have complained about the cultural flip over. I think it's great as it opens an alternative for war conquering. However, don't get your hopes up.

You usually won't experience that many flip overs ... It takes too long before it really happens. Obviously, Babs are the best choice.

AJ
        " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
        - emperor level all time
        - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

There is technically a 3rd option - colonies. If there is a resource in unclaimed land then you can build a colony on it. However, you have to find a way to get it back to your land (ie, road/harbor). However, if the AI builds near it and expands their cultural boundary over your colony you will lose it. So, although there is technically a third method, it is very difficult to set up and very easy to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Manolis
            Thanks!

I thought it was only through trade or war, I hoped there was another way!
            Not much else you can do once you're in that position, except wait and hope that the resource pops up in your territory. When a resource depletes somewhere, it appears somewhere else - and it could arrive in your borders. Check terrain types for the resource you lack and see how much of that terrain you have. (ex-jungles can still yield rubber) . There is another peaceful way of getting more strategic resources - but only if you adopt the strategy from the start.

I feel like I'm flogging my thread when I do this, but try Lighthouse REX - a winning strat

Comment

Originally posted by AJ Corp. The FAIR
              One more option:

you might aim for a cultural flip over:

1) your culture must be bigger/stronger than the opponent
              2) 'targeted' city must be an AI border city, try to surround the targeted city or build very close and hurry culture improvements as fast as possible.

Some have complained about the cultural flip over. I think it's great as it opens an alternative for war conquering. However, don't get your hopes up.

You usually won't experience that many flip overs ... It takes too long before it really happens. Obviously, Babs are the best choice.

AJ
              True indeed !
              In my current game playing the Babs at Regent level, that's exactly the way. I got about 10 zulu cities and so four incenses and 3 saltpeters (and hope getting oil later) without even fighting.
              You must sometime be (very) patient but I think it's worth.
              Nym
              "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Thanks to all of you.

The truth is that I built a colony for rubber...my culture is in the tops and got many surrounding cities, but no resources.

Thank God a few poped in my land.

Thank again guys.

Manolis
                I tan i epi tas

Comment

Working...
                X