Poll-Favorite Wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll-Favorite Wonder

Write your favorite wonder, and then under, NOT ON THE SAME LINE, post why. I will tally them up. Vote for 1 Great Wonder and 1 Small Wonder.
    Go

Theory of Evolution
    It gives me all the techs I don't want

Pentagon
    Adds 1 unit to the armies I don't have

=)
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Okay

Great Wonders-
      1.Theory of Evolution-1
      I'll only put in ones with votes

Small Wonders

1. Pentagon-1

Comment

GW
        Sistine Chapel
        Great for controlling your people

SW
        Forbidden Palace
        Non need to explain why

Saluti
        A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority. -Samuel Johnson- (1709-84), English author
        I love the language, that soft bastard Latin,/Which melts like kisses from a female mouth,/And sounds as if it should be writ on satin/With syllables which breathe of the sweet South.-Lord Byron- (1788-1824), English poet.
        Lump the whole thing! Say that the Creator made Italy from designs by Michael Angelo! -Mark Twain- (1835-1910), U.S. author.

Comment

Sistine Chapel
          Chathedrals are a must have if you plan on playing any sort of Builder game. Why not make them better? A wonder so good it reminds me of the amazing effects we got with Secret Projects in SMAC (I'm thinking the Virtual World in particular).

Forbidden Palace
          What other wonder doubles (sometimes triples!) the economic output of your empire? Most of my games revolve around fighting wars to get a GL to rush this baby. Choosing its location is wonderfully difficult.

Dominae
          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Great Library
            Sometimes this gives me a motherlode of tech, and it gives masses of culture. I often get it w/o competition too.

Sistine Chapel
            See Giovanni August

Comment

Sistine Chapel
              see above

FP
              no need to explain
              "One fool can ask more questions in a minute than twelve wise men can answer in an hour."
              - Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Comment

Ok, perhaps thread 101 on the topic of wonders (there is a very recent one on general --> what's the greatest great wonder ... )

Don't blame you Alec, but people sometimes better first look around before doing the same things over and over again, especially at the same moment.

(no more preaching now )

Wonders? Civ2 was great in wonders (I always built many of them on deity), but in civ3? On emperor/deity I just don't THINK about building them myself (very, very, very difficult and requires long, careful and risky planning).

the only times wonders matter are when you're able to capture them, have a Great Leader or have a tech lead (then you can build yourself, but a tech lead on higher levels means that most/all wonders will have been built already ... sigh.)

I think high difficulty levels are a must be, but only if all game options remain available. IMO wonder building is not an option anymore on emp/deity (regardless the very occasional wonder you'd be able to build yourself).

Do we have to tell them (FIR) really everything?

AJ
                " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                - emperor level all time
                - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

I know theres alot like this. Im just trying to take a polll of what people think their favorite (not necessarily best) wonder is, and im counting it up instead of having everyone say

"Well i like great library and bach's, but the lighthouse sucks"

Here you get 1 vote for a small wonder, one vote for a great. No voting for multiple ones, no negative votes

Great Wonders-
                  1. Sistine Chapel-3
                  2. Theory of Evolution-1

Small Wonders
                  1. Forbidden Palace-3
                  2. Pentagon-1

I'll only put in ones with votes

Comment

Great:
                    Forbidden Palace

Small:
                    Pentagon or Leo's(not sure if this is great or small...)

In light of the below post:

Great: Leo's

Small: FP
                    USA

Another brilliant Idea from the think tank. Sure, why don't ya both come up. We'll put the prisioner on the honor system, have 'er guard 'erself.

Comment

The FP is a small wonder, while Leo's is great.

Comment

Great:
                        Chapel
                        Got to key my people happy

Small:
                        Ironworks
                        Surprisingly enough, if you're lucky, this makes a city great for churning out units.
                        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Hah, Ok. Thanks for the correction. I'm just a "Silly English wiper of other peoples bottoms." -Monty Python, Search/Quest for the Holy Greil.
                          USA

Another brilliant Idea from the think tank. Sure, why don't ya both come up. We'll put the prisioner on the honor system, have 'er guard 'erself.

Comment

Colossus:

Extra trade is GOOOD!

Intellegence Agency:

Spies are kewl.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Adam Smith
                              Sistine allow me not to build coliseums. Economy: 2 gps
                              Adam Smith allows me not to pay for marketplaces, banks, harbours, Airports,... Economy: errr, ... much.
                              And I may build banks in cities producing as few as 6 gold with benefit.

Heroic Epic
                              Well, no, it's FP of course, but it seems too abvious to me.
                              FP doesn't count: it's simply a must.
                              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
                              X