The new game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new game

As mentioned, I started the new game as the Romans, and have just destroyed my first CIV! The Chinese were no match for my Warriors and Archers. I have just found Iron resources, and now using my many Workers to connect all my cities to build Legionary. The only other CIV that I've had contact with is the Egyptians. More later . . .

and have just destroyed my first CIV!
    Did you get the messege that your rampaging forces destroyed him?

When you wipe a civ out early they usually pop up somewhere else. You could even still be at war with him. It happened to me when I wiped out the Romans in one game. It was no roaming settler that caused the continuation its built into the game for a civ to start over elswhere. And the war continues untill you either make peace or wipe them out completely.

Nice start though. Don't forget to explore and make contact.

Comment

Congratulations, and by the way, if they are still alive, don't forget to renegotiate peace with them every 20 turns if you are still stronger, and don't hesitate to try that witht he egyptians too. If you're able to get a little from them now, it'll buy you some time until you can build up a legion of legionares.

Comment

Good start.

M&Ms are little grains of divine goodness that Mars is particularly fond of when they are sacrificed to him. They melt in his mouth, not in his hands.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Ethelred

Did you get the messege that your rampaging forces destroyed him?

Something to that effect. "Our Armies have destroyed the Fledgling Chinese Civilization." or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by anemic CIVver
            Something to that effect. "Our Armies have destroyed the Fledgling Chinese Civilization." or something like that.
            "Good, they deserved it."

My favorite message of the entire game...
            You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

Here's my current game. As posted earlier, I'm the Romans. Please note the speech impediment. I love Monty Python's Life of Brian, and it was too fun of an idea to pass up.

Now that I look at it, my ruler's name should be Bigguth Dickuth, not Biggus Dickus.

As you see, I'm stockpiling Legionarys near the German border. This could get very interesting very soon. Any comments and condemnations are always appreciated!
              Attached Files

Comment

Monty Python is Very cool. By the way checking out your game now. I'm not the greatest, but I'll help you where I can.

Comment

First thing I see, is that you should build trade routes, you have extra luxury resources that you can tade, valuable for money and techs maybe. I also wouldn't leave cities undefended, never know when a sneak attack is coming. I'll let you know more later.

Comment

OK, a few more thoughts for tonight, before I have to turn in. THings look good overall, but I see walls in interior cities. I don't find much need for city walls in any city. You have walls built or being built in cities in the jungle, I'd build a warrior instead of the walls, the extra defense comes out to be about the same. You can build knights, do so. They are the best unit available to you right now. In your next game, build up a horde of warriors in the beginning in order to upgrade once you get the legionary unit type. I like the way you have your empire set up. It's good. This game should be won by you. If you haven't played past this part yet, beware of bismarck. Like you said, he does need to be taken out. But Overall things look good. I'll let you know more tomorrow.

Comment

Military Advisor: "Our Magnificent Armies have destroyed the Fledgling Egyptians!" Don't you love it when that happens?

Comment

Working...
                      X