Trigger for warweariness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger for warweariness

I declared war on Egypt, but did not strike a blow.

Cleo's Knight captured one of my workers, inside of my territory.

If I attack now, am I subject to warweariness?

R
    "Verily, thou art not paid for thy methods, but for thy results, by which meaneth thou shalt kill thine enemy by any means available before he killeth you." - Richard Marcinko

you will always be subject to war weariness if you're at war with someone. it sometimes takes a little while to set in, and if you're the agressor (you said you declared war) it's worse than if someone declared war on you.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I'm not sure that's right.

I do think it has to do with who strikes first. Also, if you do it right, you get a happiness BOOST for a couple of turns.

I did this in my Roman game... intruded into Egyptian territory, refused to exit, and declared war.

I did NOT initiate combat. Cleo took a worker and attacked one of my cities.

Next turn, I razed 2 cities, and generally committed mayhem.

Next turn, 3 cities went WLTKD, and most of my cities are all smiley faces.

R
      "Verily, thou art not paid for thy methods, but for thy results, by which meaneth thou shalt kill thine enemy by any means available before he killeth you." - Richard Marcinko

Comment

Originally posted by rpodos
        I'm not sure that's right.

I do think it has to do with who strikes first. Also, if you do it right, you get a happiness BOOST for a couple of turns.

I did this in my Roman game... intruded into Egyptian territory, refused to exit, and declared war.

I did NOT initiate combat. Cleo took a worker and attacked one of my cities.

Next turn, I razed 2 cities, and generally committed mayhem.

Next turn, 3 cities went WLTKD, and most of my cities are all smiley faces.

R
        This may seem like a dumb question, but si your government republic or democracy?
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

communism has no war weariness, and i think monarchy / despotism is realitively low
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I see the same thing, rpodos. I seem to get a few turns of WKT*Ds pretty much all around when someone declares war, and then another round when I slay the first invader in my land. Weariness doesn't seem to kick in for quite a while after that, even if I am stomping all over someone else's turf. Unless, however, the stompee happens to have been dragged into it through a MPP. Purely anecdotal, but I think most of my war weariness has come from wars against a secondary opponent...

Tuberski, I generally switch to Republic and leave it. Does it make a difference in a Republic who is the aggressor? Moreso than in Democracy, I mean?

rpodos, I don't know the answer to your question. I generally kill an invader, and then I am fine. A few games back the Zulus sneak attacked my worker, and I got a round of WLT*Ds, then by the time I was getting guys moved into position a few turns later, noticed that weariness had already set in. Maybe taking too long to exact vengeance gets you in trouble with the people...

Comment

Tuberski, I ma in Monarchy... I know that therefore WW will not be a big issue in this particular game, but I am interested in its mechanics.

PN, interesting point about citizens' expectations. I think I did read somewhere that a factor in WW is how long invaders are in your territory.

Anybody out there have a complete understanding of how this works??

R

Comment

Originally posted by rpodos
                Anybody out there have a complete understanding of how this works??
                I posted a couple of threads on this forum trying to gather info on this quite recently; you should be able to find them easily. There weren't that many replies though.

Comment

Working...
                X