Never mind the fine print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never mind the fine print

I was playing Monarch on Huge random map, 12 civ's. My Iroquis were on a medium sized continent on the south sharing with Greeks and Chinese (depends what you mean by sharing, those Mntd. Warriors even cut through hoplites, if dozes right). It's early middle ages (still don't have astronomy) and Greeks are down to 5 cities, while the Chinese are almost gone. The guys were kind enough to fill my coffers and expand my knowledge so I'm en par with the other civ's (not bad for Monarch).
    Just north over my continent there is a HUUUUUUUGE continent which is home of the rest of the world's population. There are uninhabitable mountains and jugles there big almost as my place, but there are also at least 5 very big and highly developed civs. So I have to act fast to stop them from develioping further and since an all out invasion is impossible, i have to make them go to war against each other.
    Opprotunity presented when the strong Egyptians bilut a second city on my continent. I spent half of my treasury 150 GP to establish an embassy with Egypt's even stronger neighbour france. Then I asked France for an alliance against egypt. Flatly turned down. I declared war on Egupt and take the newer of their cities. Then I met Joan of Arc again and now she is willing to go to war with Egypt but asks for wine and furs. Here is the fun part. We can only trade by egyptian controleed coast squares so was surprised that France asks for luxuries. I gave them only furs, they accepted, declared war on Egypt, the computer thinks for a while, I quickly check my trade advisor and see that France gets no furs from me. I quickly take the second Egyptian city on my land and in 5-6 turns land a settler and a pikeman on a coastline silk forest in egyptian territory and build a city there. I offer peace to Cleopatra, she accepts and ends up in a pointless war with France which is slowly spreading over the continent and grinding the civ's there to a halt And I manage to get back at least some of the gold pieces I paid for the embassy by selling both Egypt and France some of my excess iron:
    I assure you Mr. Ambassador, we're not building a Doom's Day Machine
    Our source was the New York Times

Re: Never mind the fine print

Originally posted by Cvetin
    Then I asked France for an alliance against egypt. Flatly turned down. I declared war on Egupt and take the newer of their cities. Then I met Joan of Arc again and now she is willing to go to war with Egypt but asks for wine and furs. Here is the fun part. We can only trade by egyptian controleed coast squares so was surprised that France asks for luxuries. I gave them only furs, they accepted, declared war on Egypt, the computer thinks for a while, I quickly check my trade advisor and see that France gets no furs from me.
    This doesn't seem right. Especially since you were already at war with Egypt. France shouldn't have offered that deal.

Comment

i've noticed a lot of flaws like that in the game, my favorite is when i'm trading luxuries to Eurasia from North america (Marla's world map) without a map to get there.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
        i've noticed a lot of flaws like that in the game, my favorite is when i'm trading luxuries to Eurasia from North america (Marla's world map) without a map to get there.
        That's not so bad...

Your trading buddy could simply give you directions to get wherever.

Comment

Working...
        X