AI war weariness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI war weariness

There has been a lot of comments on the boards about the tendency for the AI to switch to a govt that can pop rush and completely ruin its empire in a matter of turns. In my most recent game I fought a war with the Chinese for about 20 turns and they stayed in democracy. My query is does anyone have any evidence that the AI experiences war weariness like human players do? The luxury rate after 20 turns in democracy would have had to be pretty high if I had started the war.

I think you're forgetting one of the main factors - where the war is being prosecuted. If you are defending your own territory (which the Chinese are doing) you have a freer hand to wage war. Going off to war on a lark (offensive war, in other words) and committing your countrymen to death is what gets the folk upset back home.

Cheers,
    Shawn
    Waiting for 1.18

Comment

The war was fought in my territory.

Comment

They sooner or later(after 20 turns) switch to Communism but I never noticed their luxuries to go up. The problem is that we don't know the WW rules. Is WW lower on Regent level?

Comment

I think the AI also suffers war weariness. In a recent game I had, after wiping out 4 of 8 civs (and the AI wiped out 1) only 2 opponents left. Both started a war with each other. They didn't have Communism yet, but they had Nationalism. Both switched to Monarchy, which does not support pop rushing. There's no need far from avoiding war weariness, to switch from Democracy to Monarchy. They self destructed though, due to unhappiness by drafting.

Comment

A little later in the same game, when the AI was approachable for a peace deal it gave surprisingly favourable terms seeing as I had conquered no cities at all. In one war I got 4 techs for ending it after 20-25 turns despite no action on my part except the butchering of waves of attackers. The implication may well be the AI was attempting to stave off war weariness, since in a usual stalemate peace deal you get nothing or even have to pay a few gold.

Comment

Working...
            X