Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer

I can't wait.

People are settling into their favorite civs...

Persia will rule.

Iroqouis will have a shot, as will Rome, depending on access to iron.

Greeks will survive, as Persia will attack other civs first.

The early UU civs, otherwise, will be priority targets.

Everyone else dies.

R

ps: Goodnight.
    "Verily, thou art not paid for thy methods, but for thy results, by which meaneth thou shalt kill thine enemy by any means available before he killeth you." - Richard Marcinko

I'd like to see how well the Persians do if they start right next to the Aztecs

Comment

Well, clearly the bad news for Persia is that any other civ with a pre-Iron UU is gonna come knocking. Knocking hard.

Can't wait.

R
      "Verily, thou art not paid for thy methods, but for thy results, by which meaneth thou shalt kill thine enemy by any means available before he killeth you." - Richard Marcinko

Comment

Here's an interesting question: How will most of the multiplayer games be set up? I mean, will culturally linked starting locations be the norm? How will civs be selected (I can imagine a lot of players wanting to choose the Iroquois)? What type of maps will be preferred (Pangea seems like a natural choice)?

Dominae
        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Tiny maps will be most common, I predict. For one on one type games tiny map pangaea will be fairly common, but all settings could be used really (they were in civ2 MP, some people preferred flat one continent small maps, others medium map island maps, still others preferred small one continent mountain maps, and so on). I can see culturally linked starting positions turned off, as it makes it too predictable (say you pick Persia, and another player picks Babs as a gamble, he's guaranteed to lose because he'll be right next to you). Also that would mean two powerful early civs, Aztec and Iroquois, would always be near each other, which would probably mean one of them being taken out of the game early on.

Comment

The points being mentioned as to civ choice and possible eliminations are the some of the reasons MP wasn't released at the games debut. As civ3 stands now, it is not a reasonable game to play MP. To many variables which could combine to a point where a player has lost before the first turn is played. Imagine a Roman with no iron, a Iroquois with no horses. In fact, imagine any civ with no horses and no iron. I think only the Greeks may be able to survive to riflemen.

Until they can work out the system to make resources available within a reasonable distance from every start position, MP will not be playable. We are not like the AI and trade away our own destruction.
            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

i play more with my friends than i do online (eg zone.com), so we'll be playing on large archipeligo maps for the most part
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Good points.

Unless the resource issue is resolved, India ROCKS!!

R

Comment

Originally posted by Swissy
                  Imagine a Roman with no iron
                  Or any civ for that matter. If I can't seem to get Iron to go with my coal I just quit and start another game, since having no RR well into the modern age is horrible.
                  I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                  X