What is "your" civ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is "your" civ?

I'm not really talking about the civ you think is best. I'm talking about the civ you just love to play as. I love the aztecs. Running around with Jaguar warriors is just too fun! Even if they aren't the best civ (China is IMO) I always find myself choosing the Aztecs.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Persians, no. Aztecs, no. Iroquois, no. Hmm... what was it? Oh yeah!

ROME.

I don't care if the Immortal is 4 attack. I don't care that the MW is the ultimate Ancient killing machine. I don't care that some one else gets quick temples.

None of them speak Latin. OK, so some of them do, sorta. None of them get a leader named Maximus. None of them have a capital named Roma. None of them get Legions.

Did I say I think the Legion is the ultimate balanced unit of the Ancient era? Didn't think so.

Anyways, not what is best, what we prefer, right!

I prefer to play the mother of European civilization for reasons stated above.

Thank you
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

ANY RELIGIOUS.

Usually Egypt.

Comment

Definitely Egypt. For gameplay, Industrious and Religious are the two traits that are best suited for my style of play; Industrious because I used to love Terraforming in Alpha Centauri, Religious because I want my borders to expand and my citizens happy. For fun, I've always thought Egypt was the most impressive ancient culture (even though they were a bunch of slave-driving despots); they're just cool in my book.

Dominae
        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

I like playing the Germans. Ya gotta love those panzers... That scientific/military thang doesn't hurt either.

Cheers,
          "There's screws loose, bearings
          loose --- aye, the whole dom thing is
          loose, but that's no' the worst o' it."
          -- "Mr. Glencannon" - Guy Gilpatrick

Comment

Hmmmmm, It's really hard for me to say..

I'd say the Babs cuz the're culture whores....but I love the greecs. I dont know why, I think they just rules.

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Romans, even if they definitely suck...
              googol... this is a number!
              "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
              "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Rome ... just I love Rome!
                But my IMO is China too.
                Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Variety is the spice

The Civ I haven't played in a while.

Comment

Babylon. I've come to the conclusion that Egypt is the best, but I still love playing the Babs.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Most games I played as Germans, second most Egypts, then Babylonians and Greeks. But I like to vary and try out the other civs.

Comment

all mighty persia!!!

just the chance to be artexerxes and ramage everyone with my immortals rules! persia is my all time favorite. nothing beets the industry and free tech of all mighty persia. the only culture i care about is that which i destroy

hail the immortals,
                        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

all mighty persia!!!

just the chance to be artexerxes and ramage everyone with my immortals rules! persia is my all time favorite. nothing beats the industry and free tech of all mighty persia. the only culture i care about is that which i destroy

hail the immortals,
                          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

The English. If they didn't suck so hard, I'd play as them all the time.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Iroquois. I just like purple, Mtd Warriors, and scouts.

Comment

Working...
                              X