• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scientific, Commercial and Religious

UU: Mounted Warrior and Panzer

Rock on

Saluti
    A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority. -Samuel Johnson- (1709-84), English author
    I love the language, that soft bastard Latin,/Which melts like kisses from a female mouth,/And sounds as if it should be writ on satin/With syllables which breathe of the sweet South.-Lord Byron- (1788-1824), English poet.
    Lump the whole thing! Say that the Creator made Italy from designs by Michael Angelo! -Mark Twain- (1835-1910), U.S. author.

Comment

give me militant, industrous and religious and for units id take panzers and cossacks...
      Man causes all problems. No man, no problems. - Stalin

Comment

Commercial, Expanionist, and Industrious.

Man-of-war and F15.

I'll be poor anyway cause I have to pay full price for buildings. I'll know where everything, and I'll have built roads everywhere, but I'll prolly have, oh, about 4 cities.

I will, however, rule the seas and the air!!

R
        "Verily, thou art not paid for thy methods, but for thy results, by which meaneth thou shalt kill thine enemy by any means available before he killeth you." - Richard Marcinko

Comment

I'd take Industrial-Religious-Scientific.

I'm a builder, and this would give me a) a good infrastructure with double worker rates, b) lots of culture and quick government transitions, and c) more tech. For UU's I'd pick Panzer's and F-15's, because I wouldn't go to war until much later anyways.

Comment

It seems commercial, scientific, industrious would be a potent combo. UUs would be Samurai and Panzer, for no particular reason.

Comment

Serious answer now.

Gotta be religious. Gotta be militaristic.

Third? Science doesn;t do it for me, as I deal with tech in other ways ("ATTECH"!!!), although it helps on culture.

Prob industrious, for roads / RRs, mining, and just in case I have to deal with a major jungle or forest. Heck, I'd like to go back to terraforming.

As to UUs, which one triggers the GA? (or do we get 2!!)

I'm sold on WCs, for earliest fast-mover war possible, and Panzers for world domination.

R
              "Verily, thou art not paid for thy methods, but for thy results, by which meaneth thou shalt kill thine enemy by any means available before he killeth you." - Richard Marcinko

Comment

My Turn

My Utopian Civilization:

Industrious/Commerical/Scienctific

UUs...

Legionaries and Immortals

Now if you don't have any Iron, your screwed but if you do you have a unbeatable offense and defense till the discovery of Gunpoweder.
                "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

Re: My Turn

Originally posted by Signa
                  Legionaries and Immortals

Now if you don't have any Iron, your screwed but if you do you have a unbeatable offense and defense till the discovery of Gunpoweder.
                  True, but since the latest patch gunpowder tech will be achieved fairly quick.

AJ
                  " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                  - emperor level all time
                  - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Re: religious, militaristic and commercial

Originally posted by AJ Corp. The FAIR
                    ...To secure my cities from the very beginning I take HOPLITES as UU1. Much later on, when you want to establish a definite winning position, PANZERS, will do the job of expansion and 'claiming disputes and fighting terrorism' around the globe.
                    I correct myself: legions, for obvious militaristic reasons, are far a better choice than hoplites.

AJ
                    " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                    - emperor level all time
                    - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

My warmonger variant:

Religious, Industrious, Militaristic

Mounted Warrior/Panzer

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Scientific + Industrious + Religious

UU 1 - Immortals
                        UU 2 - Jaguar warriors

Comment

I've had a change of heart about Religious. I think Industrious offers a bit more for the playstyle that would best use the other traits and UU's. Expansionist/Militaristic/Industrious. Still MW's and Impi.

Comment

Militaristic, comercial, industrious

Good defense, low corruption and fast roads wath mean more comerce.
                            I´m a builder so my UU are Legionary and Samurai just for the defense bonus in a attack units.
                            Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                            religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Militaristic, Expansionist and Industrious.

I'd take the Legions of Rome and the Riders of China.

Find all the goodies and tech, settle and build up the road network and then spank everyone silly until Nationalism comes. :-)
                              'It needs but one foe to breed a war, not two, Master Warden,
                              And those who have not swords can still die upon them.'

--Eowyn

Comment

Working...
                              X