Concept of peacefull GA leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concept of peacefull GA leaders

I all my games, exept I rarely got any leaders, I never had a chane to build Heroic Epic or Military Academy, probably becuse in that moment getting Forbidden palace or Wonder was more important.

But,
    What if triggering peacefull GA could trigger getting a leader?

Whould it be owerpowered?

Whould it be at least handy as feature in editor, if not in normall game?

Will it make Civs with early war units less usefull (rare peacefull GA)?

Will it make "use leader for Wonder get new leader" startegy? (leader makes wonder, which triggers peacefull GA, witch triggers new leader)

Will it be FUN?

Comments?

I think that that would be great thing to add to the game. Great reward for being a peacefull civ with focuses on building by your infastructure instead of going to war with everyone. I would think that such gl could only rush build improvements and not be able to make armies. Maybe you could have a chance at getting them when you make a wonder or have so many turns of peace, or maybe when you have a certain gold per turn amount.
    Donate to the American Red Cross.
    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

I don't have problem getting peacfully leader which can give armies, since it is possibile opposite.

If getting leader by miltary means forbid using it as rush wonder unit, then making peacefull leader should be only be used for wonders.

I have two sets of propsals:
      1) one type leader
      2) two types leader

1) Same as before, just give option to get leader through triggering peacefull GA

2) Have two type of leaders: General & Leader
      General can be obtained by elite unit and can only build armies (and miltaristic wonders like Sun Tzu)
      Leader can be obtained by some peacefull means (wonders, getting 8 luxuries, etc...), it can't be used for building armies.

For simplicity first method is better (easier to implement in some XP or patch)

Second method is more detailed, but would need extra graphic and balancing.

P.S.
      If triggers could be allowed in editor I could script this.
      Unfortunately, they are unavaiable.

Comment

If only we had some helicopters

When I first started playing CIV 3, I thought how weird it was to have these Great Leaders appear... being able to rush build the Wonders. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Many of these wonders are based on historical figures. Leonardo DeVinci, Issac Newton, etc. A person that comes along every 1000 years.

But in CIV 3, these Great Leaders can only occur in battle. I am trying to picture Leonardo slugging it out in some swamp with his big saber, thinking to himself, "Man, it only we had helicopters we could kick some a**!". Or maybe Newton, the only survivor of his company, becuase he knew exactly where the rock from the catapult was going to drop.

Perhaps another way to create a leader could be the building of a large city improvement, such as a cathedral or university? Just a thought.
        "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill"

Comment

Re: If only we had some helicopters

Originally posted by frankdog
          I am trying to picture Leonardo slugging it out in some swamp with his big saber, thinking to himself, "Man, it only we had helicopters we could kick some a**!". Or maybe Newton, the only survivor of his company, becuase he knew exactly where the rock from the catapult was going to drop.
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Wasn't it Archimedes, who invented greek fire catapults and concave mirrors for ships, and who was slain by a roman legionary, sitting at the beach, drawing pictures in the sand and mumbling "Noli turbare circulos meos" or something like that?

Comment

Buy one and get one free

There would be a problem with a peacful GA creating a Leader, namely you could turn around and build another wonder. Build one Wonder and get one free. The only other use for a Leader is to build an Army. Why not just have a peaceful GA generate a free Army in the Capital?

Put three Horsemen in it and go stomp a Barbarian and you can then build Heroic Epic and eventually Military Academy. Or save it for later.

Comment

Working...
              X