Contact with Barbarians? (1.17f)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact with Barbarians? (1.17f)

Anyone seen this before? I know I didn't see it under the initial release or under 1.16f.

In my current OCC game, I just built the Great Library and received the a bunch of techs. Hoping to trade the Ancient techs around, I tried to buy contact with as many rivals as I could. The Barbs were one of them.

Treating the Barbarians as a civ sounds like an interesting feature, but unfortunately a crash followed when I double-clicked on the Barb icon in the Foreign Advisor screen.

Can anyone shine some light on this? I know this might be better treated as a "general" thread, but the strategic implications of Barb Contact are significant. So I decided to start here.

Start position, save game and partial log are attached.

Later.

- TT
    Attached Files

You can create Barbarian civs pretty much every time when:

* You are playing with less than the maximum number of civs for that map size, and
    * You use the Quick Start option to start a game.

There is a workaround. If you want to play with less than the maximum number of civs on a map, and you like to use Quick Start, then edit CIV3MOD.BIC with the editor. Change the maximum number of civs for that map size to the number you want to play. I haven't tried this but it should work.
    None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

isn't this a bug in the first version of the 1.17f patch? try downloading the patch now and it should go away

Comment

The first version?

I'll try downloading the patch again, but I thought the "f" meant final. Is there a "final 2"?

Thanks korn.

- TT

Comment

I've seen this problem before 1.17f patch, perhaps Firaxis never gotten around to fixen it?
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

the reason this happens is because you got the version of the patch that was out on the first and second days, barbarians have all of the units selected for them so you can pop armies from huts and things like that

open up the editor and check the bic version under help/about if it says anything but 2.10 you have the wrong version of the patch and need to redownload it

but i am 90% sure that is what is causing it

Comment

Working...
            X