Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Firaxis change the length of Anarchy in 1.17f?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soren

i left the Greeks as Scientific and Commercial

if you are not a religious civ i thought it then took four full turns of anarchy to switch governments, am i wrong about this?

because i can provide a save game that shows one full turn of anarchy and nothing more for a non religious civ

or is anarchy length dependent on number of cities, with a max of 7 or 8?

Comment

And while you are answering, are there any other factors that affect how long anarchy lasts??
      I remember going into anarchy being told it would take 7 turns.
      I then loaded the game from the turn before, traded with someone for an extra luxury source, and then had the anarchy lasing 8 turns instead.

Thanks if you could help us out with this Soren
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Does it make a difference if you revolt the same turn that you get the required tech?
        Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Originally posted by korn469
          Soren

i left the Greeks as Scientific and Commercial

if you are not a religious civ i thought it then took four full turns of anarchy to switch governments, am i wrong about this?

because i can provide a save game that shows one full turn of anarchy and nothing more for a non religious civ

or is anarchy length dependent on number of cities, with a max of 7 or 8?
          i would definitely look at a save game example...

and yes, anarchy length is increased by number of cities...
          - What's that?
          - It's a cannon fuse.
          - What's it for?
          - It's for my cannon.

Comment

soren

ok i provided five saves

this time the game is unmodded, but the conditions are the
            i'm greeks, on a small map on monarchy, and i stopped at six cities like last game

playing against
            rome
            egypt
            france
            england
            aztecs

the earliest one is from 750 bc, and i just switched to anarchy, and it says it'll take 3 turns of anarchy to switch

the next save is still from 750 bc, it's called alt 750, and i gifted a city to the egyptians and it says it'll take 4 turns to switch

the next save is from 730 bc, i switched to anarchy and it says it'll take 2 turns of anarchy to switch
            the following two turns demonstate this

this is exactly how i explained it though my way of counting is slightly different from the advisors, when you switch even if it is at then end of your turn, the advisor counts you as in anarchy

so i switched, waited a turn, then picked my new government, the advisor counts this as two turns of anarchy, so if i wasn't explaining it clearly i appologize

so this means with a religious civ, you switch governments, then as soon as you start your next turn you select your new government

but does this prove that anarchy length is random for non religious civs?

could you give us the anarchy length formula?

EDIT: Back to my original question. In Civ3 1.07f was it true that each time a religious government switched it took one turn of anarchy and all others took four? If that is true, then when did you change that, and now what exactly determines the length of anarchy for non-religious civs?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by korn469
              soren

ok i provided five saves

this time the game is unmodded, but the conditions are the
              i'm greeks, on a small map on monarchy, and i stopped at six cities like last game

playing against
              rome
              egypt
              france
              england
              aztecs

the earliest one is from 750 bc, and i just switched to anarchy, and it says it'll take 3 turns of anarchy to switch

the next save is still from 750 bc, it's called alt 750, and i gifted a city to the egyptians and it says it'll take 4 turns to switch

the next save is from 730 bc, i switched to anarchy and it says it'll take 2 turns of anarchy to switch
              the following two turns demonstate this

this is exactly how i explained it though my way of counting is slightly different from the advisors, when you switch even if it is at then end of your turn, the advisor counts you as in anarchy

so i switched, waited a turn, then picked my new government, the advisor counts this as two turns of anarchy, so if i wasn't explaining it clearly i appologize

so this means with a religious civ, you switch governments, then as soon as you start your next turn you select your new government

but does this prove that anarchy length is random for non religious civs?

could you give us the anarchy length formula?

EDIT: Back to my original question. In Civ3 1.07f was it true that each time a religious government switched it took one turn of anarchy and all others took four? If that is true, then when did you change that, and now what exactly determines the length of anarchy for non-religious civs?
              oh, you wanted to know if there is a random factor. well, there is. it's between 1 and 5 turns. plus 0 - 3 extra turns depending on number of cities
              - What's that?
              - It's a cannon fuse.
              - What's it for?
              - It's for my cannon.

Comment

Soren: Thank you very much for the info.

BTW, could you tell us where the breaks are? Or are you going to force some poor slob to spend the hours to figure them out? Oh, Xin...

Salve
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

hey thanks for responding!

soren,

if you wouldn't mind answering a few more questions

do religious civs always experience a single turn of anarchy despite the number of cities they have? or do religious civs always get a one on the random part and then get additional turns of anarchy for the number of cities they have?

is the number of turns of anarchy for cities random with bigger civs being more likely to get a high number or is it completely nonrandom? does map size have anything to do with this?

thanks in advance!

Comment

I can assure you that Religious civs always have one turn. For the rest, I can't be 100% sure.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                    X