Recommend threads to a civ3-strat newcomer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend threads to a civ3-strat newcomer

Hi, this is probably the first time I'm posting in the Civ3-strategy forum. Which threads would be must-read for a new civ3 player?

I've played 3 full games so far (Persions, Babylonians, Aztecs), and have only managed a victory by points.
    PHOENIXCAGER
    The Civilization Gaming Network

Vel's Strategy Thread would be your best bet for picking up advanced strategies.

Be aware however that the new patch may have killed off some of the strategies listed. But by and large, it should still be valid and useful.

Good luck
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Avoid those with the phrase "it's a bug!" in the title, as they tend to end up being mudslinging parties.

Vel's thread is good. Also, see La Fayette's "Size 6 strategy." It is rendered somewhat obsolete by the new patch, but a number of good (and still-applicable) ideas are there.
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

Thanks! I'll go and have a look at those threads.
        PHOENIXCAGER

Comment

I'm a newbie too. Is there a score board in this forum? I just want to know the current high score of the world record holder for Civ3.

Comment

No score-board here as such, but there is one at CivFanatics...
            The current high-score is around 10,000+

Good luck
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

10 000? Wow! I haven't been able to break the 600 barrier.

btw, Vel's thread was great. It's a manual all by itself! (read 199 pages long)
              PHOENIXCAGER

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                No score-board here as such, but there is one at CivFanatics...
                The current high-score is around 10,000+

Good luck
                Thanks! I just went there and checked out the score board. No sweat, it's nice to know that I'm coming second. I will beat that 10,000+ score on my next game (deity level on a huge map with max number of civs; yup, that should give me at least 11,000+ points).

Comment

Working...
                X