For Soren: suggestion for AI city trade algorithm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Soren: suggestion for AI city trade algorithm

In Civ3 city-trading looked more like exploit.
    Only human was doing it while AI to AI never did it.

AI should trade its faraway city for some city closer to it (similar sizes no spec res.) so both faraway civ and AI would befefit from lower corruption for both.

Comments?
    Soren?

Generally a good idea , but that would give us another exploit to check in the early game, if a city has (later visible) special resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
      Generally a good idea , but that would give us another exploit to check in the early game, if a city has (later visible) special resources.
      By my gaming expirience I think that AI already knows were are future resourses when placing cities.

Comment

Yes, but what I meant was, if the AI declines to trade for a crappy colony we also know for sure, there must be something valuable.

Comment

Then some compromise solution must be made.

The way it is now, only way to get AI cities by diplo is if you corner AI in war.

It's not realy a diplomatric option.

Comment

Remember, it should be at city for city basis.
            If you wan't his colony on your continent, you need to give him your city on his continent.

This should also be AI vs AI befavior.
            That could actualy improve AI gameplay (more optimal cities).

Comment

why don't you also propose a resource/luxury trade algorithm as well, at least one that works compared to what is there now

Comment

Originally posted by DaXX
                why don't you also propose a resource/luxury trade algorithm as well, at least one that works compared to what is there now
                Luxuries...

I think I can explain part of current method.

If you have enough luxuries to make your city happy then if someone ofers you additional luxury and you know that he'll befefit a lot (AI knows your situation), then will you do 1vs1.

Probably not.

Only probelm here is that AI know your situation and makes decision by it.

Yes, it happend for me to have almost 1vs1 with some AIs, but not for all time (maybe 50 turns).

Comment

Originally posted by player1
                  Then some compromise solution must be made.

The way it is now, only way to get AI cities by diplo is if you corner AI in war.

It's not realy a diplomatric option.
                  How many times in history has any nation just up and handed over a city to another nation? It's just not done, or it's extremely rare. The only time any leader will freely give up something like that is if they're forced to. If you want to take over one of his cities peacefully, do it through culture, that's what it's in the game for.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

How many times in history has any nation just up and handed over a city to another nation? It's just not done, or it's extremely rare. The only time any leader will freely give up something like that is if they're forced to. If you want to take over one of his cities peacefully, do it through culture, that's what it's in the game for.
                    The only thing I want to be made it that AI TRADES CITIES on one for one basic.

If his city is close to me, and my city is close to him and if they are of similar value then they should be traded.
                    This should specificly be AI vs AI strategy.
                    I have seen so many times in game when I thought that it would be handy that these two AI swap some of their cities and lower corruption in them.

And,
                    I wold forbid trading city for just money, to abusive.
                    but if cities are of similar values +-25%, some extra money should be paid in.

This should also be one WONDERFULL solution for corruption (for both trader players).

Comment

In some similar way should be allowed to trade units.
                      I know it would be easy to do in patch.

In fact it was just turned off.
                      Soren though that it was too abusive.

For ex. UU for UU.
                      or something similar

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
                        How many times in history has any nation just up and handed over a city to another nation?
                        Ever heard of the Louisiana Purchase?
                        "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners." - Edward Abbey
                        http://www.anarchyfaq.org

Comment

Originally posted by Joe R. Golowka

Ever heard of the Louisiana Purchase?
                          Yes, it does happen but not very often, and usually it's done at the point of gun, or whatever. That was one of the very few exceptions, and even then war had a role in it. If France wasn't embroiled in a continental war at the time, they may never have considered it. So it only seems right that trading cities isn't an easy thing to do in the game.

Comment

I haven't tried it yet in the new patch, but will the AI that you've just crushed and left with one city accept all it's old cities back? (If you choose to give them back)
                            If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzin
                              I haven't tried it yet in the new patch, but will the AI that you've just crushed and left with one city accept all it's old cities back? (If you choose to give them back)
                              Well certainly, it will always accept a gift of that sort. They're just not inclined to part with any of their own.

Comment

Working...
                              X