Transporting Armies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transporting Armies

Is it possible to transport armies on boats? I haven't been able to di it in the past but i thought it might have been they couldn't carry 4 units.

An army counts as four units, so if you have enough boat capacity (on a single boat), you can carry them.

Comment

ahh, cool thanks now i can start using them again

Comment

An army counts as four units, so if you have enough boat capacity (on a single boat), you can carry them.
        This is not quite correct. The army itself counts as a single unit. Each other unit in the army is also counted. So, a full army, pre-Pentagon, would be 4 units for transport purposes. It is possible to transport an army that isn't full (even one that is empty) on ships earlier than Galleons. With proper planning, then, you CAN take an army overseas in the ancient era. You'll need a city on the other side of the sea where you can assemble the army.

Getting it home again after doing so will have to await larger ships.

Comment

You don't need a city, I've been able to load units into an Army anywhere.

Comment

You don't need a city, I've been able to load units into an Army anywhere
            same here, but i like it better like this and hope they don't change it

Comment

Working...
            X