Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to cancel trade agreements & check how many turns left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to cancel trade agreements & check how many turns left?

Hey all, the subject is pretty self-explanatory... How do you cancel trade agreements before the 20 turns are up WITHOUT declaring war? Also, how do you check how many turns are up on current agreement?

- Windwalker
    - Windwalker

Click on "active" to see turns left. To cancel a trade deal before 20 turns, try cutting the connecting road or harbor.

Comment

active? what screen is that in?

- Windwalker
      - Windwalker

Comment

Start diplomacy with the civ in question. At the bottom of the screen are the options clear table, new and active. Click on active. All active trade deals with that civ pop up. In parentheses is the number of turns remaining for a deal. If there are no parentheses, you may renegotiate or cancel. Just click on the deal, and it disappears from the list. If you don't want to renegotiate, you are done. If you do, click new, and put it back on the table to see what the AI will offer for it.
        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
        intelligence to few.

Comment

I've always found that to be quite a pain in the butt to have to go all the way to that screen. Particularly since the other leader thinks your talking to him/her to negotiate something. It just seems like a dumb way to do it to me.
          Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

It is a dumb way to do it. There should be a link from the trade screen. However, thats the way we have to do it unless they change it.

A mod should top this thread or one similar, to help all those who don't actually know this.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
            X