Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get through all of the advances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get through all of the advances?

I was just wondering how you get through all of the scientific advances before the mandatory retirement year? I always end up with just getting to flight before the year hits 2050. Any tips or hints, or is there someway to turn off the madatory retirement year?

Go up to a higher difficulty level.

The higher the level, the faster the AI researches.
    The faster the AI researches, the sooner you can buy it off them or research it yourself for a cheaper 'beaker cost'.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

thanks, I always thought there was something strange when I usually won, but didn't get through many of the advances.

Comment

I'll expand a little on what was said above.

First of all trade, trade, and trade some more for techs.

Did I mention trade for techs?

Yes trade for techs.

Always trade for techs in the ancient age. No excpetions. Don't worry about giving away "good" techs. As soon as you discover something go through the list of known civs and trade with them. This is the only fast way to get out of the Ancient age. It just takes too long other wise. You will have to trade techs in the Medieval age as well. but not as much. I like to protect some tech until I have built or close to building the wonder. But many times this is not possible.

Next comes the Industrial age. You should be pulling away if you infrastructure is up to date and you are in a democracy. Go straight for Hoover Dam and build it. This is your key to winning the game (spaceship or diplomatic). Trade for the techs that you missed while beelining to the Hoover Damn. After that I don't trade techs that much except maybe to improve relations or help out a struggling civ.

Comment

Working...
        X